Junkyard Update! Sorry guys!

GP1138

Since it's related...Shawn, there might be a dent-free Cutty international fender in the local yard I go to(the car looked like it had been here in Georgia or at least elsewhere in the South all it's life). I looked at the International' last time I was there but wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to it(it was red/gray from what I remember w/ gray interior). They have set prices here and fenders are around $25 fwiw. I'll be back up that way in about a week and I'll take pictures of it for you.

Sounds good thanks! If the car was from Georgia all its life, then it should be rust-free. It would definitely be nice to not have to get the fender painted because that's going to be a huge expense.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GP1138

• bigshynepo

• Psych0matt

• slick

Jay, tell him about 2200 pissed off members will find him on the school yard if he hurts the whale again...

:damnit1:

While you are schemeing a dash plan, you should humor me and measure a 91 Trofeo dash....mmm....early navigation...

Particularly, one of those 2200 (The future owner of the whale) will come and find him personally.. I'm not an easy guy to get along with when I am angered..

Hope all is well Jay.. I hope the discipline is swift, and painful..

Well, Shawn, I got some more pics of the fender. The inside looks alright, but there is a bit of rust on the tip down by the wheel well. I pulled back the fenderwell plastic and I didn't see much cause for concern, but if MFewTrail can get you one decent for cheap, I'd go for it. The yard this car is in charges $50 for the fender. I got pics, but I didn't know if it'd be worth it to post them, I figured when you read the word "rust" you'd be turned off. :lol:

Slick, here's the only Acura I could find, and it just came in.

DSC03402.jpg

DSC03403.jpg

DSC03404.jpg

DSC03405.jpg

NeverSatisfied, here is a pic of where the cups came from, I think it's where the top latches to the A pillar. The pieces along the top aren't "mint", but they aren't in terrible shape, either.

DSC03410.jpg

Here's a closeup of the dash, it's pretty dirty.

DSC03413.jpg

Steve, I don't think you'd want the boot if there was one:

DSC03416.jpg

StockGP, this is what's left of the window switchpod:

DSC03417.jpg

There was no domelight:

DSC03418.jpg

PsychoMatt, is this the weatherstripping you're talking about?

DSC03419.jpg

And I thought this was interesting, it was a sticker on the engine itself, that says "New Model".

DSC03422.jpg

No Acura's? :cry:

.... Did you read the post??? :lol:

Ooopps, I scanned it really quick. It almost looked like a 6000 when scanning it.

But... nothing on that will work for me. Thanks for looking though, I appreciate it a lot!

No Acura's? :cry:

.... Did you read the post??? :lol:

Ooopps, I scanned it really quick. It almost looked like a 6000 when scanning it.

But... nothing on that will work for me. Thanks for looking though, I appreciate it a lot!

Damn. Too old, right? I looked through the entire import section!

I'll keep my eyes out at other yards.

I looked in the trunk, but it was wet and nasty and there was nothing resembling a convertible top boot in there.

And I do have those cups, I made sure I got those. :thumbsup:

that switch will work for me as long as the fourth window switch mounting tabs are still there. i don't care about the window lockout; i'll probably be fiberglassing a pod for it so i can just cover that up.

when you go back, i'll take it if they don't want too much for it

no, that's not the piece I was talking about. the piece I need mostly is the rubber at the top of the passenger side window, the part that is actually connect to the front most part of the top. Pretty much any of the rubber that's part of the top is what Im takling about, but specifically the one piece is what i need most.

Well, Shawn, I got some more pics of the fender. The inside looks alright, but there is a bit of rust on the tip down by the wheel well. I pulled back the fenderwell plastic and I didn't see much cause for concern, but if MFewTrail can get you one decent for cheap, I'd go for it. The yard this car is in charges $50 for the fender. I got pics, but I didn't know if it'd be worth it to post them, I figured when you read the word "rust" you'd be turned off. :lol:

Hmmmm, well, it depends. Is this rust flat, or does it look lumpy and partially obscured by lumpy paint?

oh, i just realized while looking at some other things, if no one's called it yet, and you can get it for cheap, I wouldnt mind a spare convertible top pump

no, that's not the piece I was talking about. the piece I need mostly is the rubber at the top of the passenger side window, the part that is actually connect to the front most part of the top. Pretty much any of the rubber that's part of the top is what Im takling about, but specifically the one piece is what i need most.

the piece you are talking about is one LONG piece It it the edge of the entire front roof part, both the front and the sides. It even has some metal brakets that help retain it, and you'll need a phillips to remove, not to mention a putty knife to pry with. don';t pull to fast or hard or You'll damge the rubber. Hell, bring some wd40 to soften the rubber adhesive and rubber as you pull it to prevent damage!

the piece you are talking about is one LONG piece It it the edge of the entire front roof part, both the front and the sides. It even has some metal brakets that help retain it, and you'll need a phillips to remove, not to mention a putty knife to pry with. don';t pull to fast or hard or You'll damge the rubber. Hell, bring some wd40 to soften the rubber adhesive and rubber as you pull it to prevent damage!

Are we talking about the weatherstrip that seals the glass? Because now that you mention it, I need that too, for the driver side.

Hmmmm, well, it depends. Is this rust flat, or does it look lumpy and partially obscured by lumpy paint?

It looks flat to me. The paint isn't lumpy, just chipped in that area, and it literally is just the tip of the fender that looks rusty. I'll get a pic together.

I've PM'ed everyone I can think of about parts. If someone else wants something, I'm going back tomorrow and actually pulling stuff. If I neglected to give my PayPal out, please let me know.

I hope to pass thru there tomorrow john I'd be happy to assist as much as I can.

will arrive around 1pm by my estimate.

please inspect the vert's front right fender, I lay claim!

Guys, Ken went to rape the convertible, and it has been crushed. :( I was going to go out on Monday and get the parts.

Sorry guys. The International with the good fender is there still though.