Junkyard Update! Sorry guys!

GP1138

Alright. I got sick of having no passenger side switches or ability to roll said side window down, so I took a trip to my favorite junkyard.

Pics!

Alright. There was a black Cutlass Convertible there, so I snapped some pics for anyone who might want parts.

DSC03368.jpg

DSC03369.jpg

DSC03370.jpg

There were lip tails, but there was only one and it was fucked. There was, however, a lip spoiler.

DSC03371.jpg

I got the cups from the 'vert, so whoever was looking for a good set, let me know.

ATTN: SHAWN/GNATGOSPLAT!! Perfect Cutlass Int'l fender!!

DSC03374.jpg

DSC03376.jpg

DSC03377.jpg

Well, almost perfect. :\

DSC03378.jpg

Oh yeah... TAN 4DOOR CUTLASS LEATHER INTERIOR!! No driver seat, though, sorry.

DSC03380.jpg

This is a Grand Prix SE with cloth interior, but it had HUD. It has two crosslaces. If anyone needs parts, let me know.

DSC03381.jpg

I thought this was funny just because it said "RUNS" on the windshield and there was no engine.

DSC03383.jpg

Riviera VIC anyone?

DSC03384.jpg

And there was ONE more car... but I thought it deserved it's own thread... I pissed my pants when I saw this...

http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php/topic,48302.new.html#new

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GP1138

• bigshynepo

• Psych0matt

• slick

which lip tail light was good? if it was passenger then pick it up for me, mine is cracked

The pass. lip light was fucked, and the driver's was gone, sorry about that. I'll change the original post.

how was the rubber around where the top seals to the windows? if any good I'd like that, most specifically the passenger side one, as well as the visors if theyre in good shape. also, what color was the top? if white, I may ask you a big favor if the rear window is in good shape (as well as the canvas)

GP 1138, I'll take the trim cups if you can you give me a total price on them and shipping to Alberta, Canada? (If you can take a paypal payment, it will be quick and easy)

You're a lifesaver, if they are in good shape maybe it will stop my corner leak :lol:

Wow, can you tell if that fender has ever been repainted?

If it's not too much trouble, will you pull the inner liner out a bit on the bottom and see if there's any rust on that part of the fender? I gotta worry because you're further north than I am.

That ding almost looks like PDR can take it out.

How much do you think they'll want for it?

I have half the paint scraped off of the fender I have, but I still have a ways to go and I've still got a lot more rust to take care of, plus it's got dings on it too and a tiny crease on the door edge. :(

Oh, and is the dash in that 95 vert graphite? I wouldn't mind a full 95 conversion! Probably too much trouble to yank and ship something that large though.

no stb on that vert anywhere by chance? i know its not in the actual location

and hot damned tan leather...jesus...no matt...no matt...no matt...no money

Wow, can you tell if that fender has ever been repainted?

If it's not too much trouble, will you pull the inner liner out a bit on the bottom and see if there's any rust on that part of the fender? I gotta worry because you're further north than I am.

That ding almost looks like PDR can take it out.

How much do you think they'll want for it?

I have half the paint scraped off of the fender I have, but I still have a ways to go and I've still got a lot more rust to take care of, plus it's got dings on it too and a tiny crease on the door edge. :(

Oh, and is the dash in that 95 vert graphite? I wouldn't mind a full 95 conversion! Probably too much trouble to yank and ship something that large though.

I'm going back to get a door handle, out of the two coupes and two sedans I've owned, the SEDAN door handle breaks on me. I'll get price quotes on the fender and the dashpad. I don't mind boxing that up, I'll take it into UPS and say "I want to ship this" and they'll ask me for money and I'll be on my way. That might be prohibitively expensive, though.

Eurosport, that 'vert has been there for awhile. I snagged the STB myself when it first came in, it now resides under Chris' (White93Z34's) hood, as he traded me a 3.1 STB. Also don't feel so bad, there wasn't a driver seat. :lol:

StockGP, I don't remember there being a window switch, but I will check. There might have been.

Chris, I didn't look for Legends, but now that you mentioned, I will go to the import side and look for ya.

BigShynePo, I'll PM you back very soon.

NeverSatisfied, more specifics on those pieces. Are they trim pieces, or weatherstripping? Any pictures? Also I will check on the dome light for you.

PsychoMatt, I will look at the weatherstripping. I'll take some pics if you want.

I'll get price quotes on the fender and the dashpad. I don't mind boxing that up, I'll take it into UPS and say "I want to ship this" and they'll ask me for money and I'll be on my way. That might be prohibitively expensive, though.

Oh, well I'm not talking about just the dashpad, I'm talking about the entire dash, frame, HVAC box, and all!

I bet the UPS store would charge more than it cost me to buy 95 vert in the first place for all that.

I'll get price quotes on the fender and the dashpad. I don't mind boxing that up, I'll take it into UPS and say "I want to ship this" and they'll ask me for money and I'll be on my way. That might be prohibitively expensive, though.

Oh, well I'm not talking about just the dashpad, I'm talking about the entire dash, frame, HVAC box, and all!

I bet the UPS store would charge more than it cost me to buy 95 vert in the first place for all that.

Don't speak so quickly. If I breathe one word of that to Ken, he'll find some way to do it! (Seriously!)

Jay! DO a 95 swap! Ill help! :willynilly:

And John, was the vert boot there from that thing? If it was black (WHich it should be) and is in DECENT shape, let me know!

Jay Jay Jay, I never thought you were serious :lol: Regardless, You're still getting a copy of my PDF'd convertible supplement if you want it. :wink:

GP1138, the peg cups (for the guidepins) I have are in good shape, but if you grabbed the square angular pieces that the hook latches around I will be forever indebted. :worshippy:

No rush though, I'll just wait for your PM and we can get everything figured out when you have a minute.

"I am serious, and don't call me Shirley." :lol: I will gladly accept. :)

:-*

I'm gonna have to take you a nice custom set of triple white pics...i'll see if I can find a sexy lady for poses but I'm not promising anything :lol:

As for the conversion, the trim pieces should be easy to track down with some patience but you brought up my two 95+ peeves... I love the international cluster gauges so much (it makes me crave a 94) and I hate the round dash with the square wheel (or vice versa).

A gauges mod might get your faith back (especially if you are already ripping everything apart) and perhaps you can take a pass on the airbags (i don't know if they are required to be hooked up or what the deal is). I WHOLEHEARTEDLY want to see the thread on the conversion project but it is a heckuva lot of work...you'd be a braver man than I.

As for the shipping on that whole dash piece through UPS...that made me laugh for 3 or 4 minutes....

:lol:

Jay, any "Specific" vert panels in there that are burgundy now, you coul mail up here (again, only if its less than 200 :willynilly: ) and I could work some of my magic and make them graphite.. I can also actually do some simple vinyl work as well on door panels and such..

*Waits to hear if the boot is still there for the vert* :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I was just thinking in terms of picking up a GP Glowing Gauges mod to take your mind off the otherwise Way-Duller-Than-The-Earlier-International-Clusters gauges that come with the 95+ dashes.

Anything else you think you can do with this dash, you'll be bloody MacGyver :lol:

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

Since it's related...Shawn, there might be a dent-free Cutty international fender in the local yard I go to(the car looked like it had been here in Georgia or at least elsewhere in the South all it's life). I looked at the International' last time I was there but wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to it(it was red/gray from what I remember w/ gray interior). They have set prices here and fenders are around $25 fwiw. I'll be back up that way in about a week and I'll take pictures of it for you.