I think its the power steering

89GP_SE

OK, so I start up the car and start driving like any normal day, but I hear this wining noise. Now it definately a power steering wine so I figured ok theres none in there, so I look in and to my surprise, the damn thing is full, but there is bubbles in it, what the hell would this do?

1. How do I get the bubbles out?

2. How hard is it to change the lines on the 3.1?

If its not my power steering, then what the hell is it. It only happens on acceleration and turning.

I had some whining going on in my car for awhile. Took me forever to find it. To make sure its your power steering pump, Start the car, open your hood, and take the power steering cap off. If the sound changes, Its definetly your culprit. It could also be your water pump, or your alternator.

You can also take your belt off and start the engine and let it run a few...rev the engine by hand as well at the TB linkage.Also turn pulleys by hand if you can to isolate the noise more.It can help narrow things down alot.I once had a noise that everyone who heard it said for sure it ws the waterpump pulley...my ears arent that good anymore so I couldnt isolate it.I did some more testing with removing the belt,spinning by hand and finding out it was the a/c compressor below making all that racket!

If you know for sure its the p/s pump,you may have a leaking high pressure hose as well.

Look behind the pump down the back of the engine and see if the hose is covered with fluid and leaking.Bubbles is a sure sign of air,and I mistakenly replaced a pump once due to a bad hose.It was letting in air while it leaked too and caused alot of whining from the pump and screeching sounds around turns.

I rocked the engine fwd to replace the high pressure line on a 3.1 engine.

It gave me plenty of room to do it all.

:)