muhahahaha Jud.... better get back to the track 108MPH trap!!!!

kuntzie

well i didnt beat him...... but i only got 1 run in on the new setup...... on my 2nd run i made it 3 feet off the starting line... snaped another axle i believe, hopefully not the Differential.

Please note: For further proof.... and most likely some better times i will make a video tomorrow if it is indeed just the axle thats the problem.

here the results...... 108MPH TRAP............... Like i said here i come 12s....... my 1/8 mile wasnt that good either (shitty launch) also at 12 psi

kuntzie13.jpg

for clairfaction if you cant read the slip

reaction .7850

60 ft 2.1518

1/8 ET 8.9468

1/8 MPH 81.98

1/4 ET 13.6009

!/4 MPH 108.71

Damn, very very impressive, nicely done :) I am really considering one of these turbos now here lately because of you!!! See what you have done!! :lol:

Hopefully it is an axle and not your new trans diff :willynilly:

thanks guys.... well im heading back to the track now as i left my car there.... fix er up hopefully, and get a video of a low 13 second pass :twisted:

for whats its worth new mods:

new type of 28Lb injectors.....

10k ohm Pot on the Map sensor..

bag of ice on the Intake efore the runs

fixed my damn exhaust leak.... car felt slower but the speedo was going up faster after no nmore leak

not installed, but piping being done......... FMIC :biggrin:

No top end swap, no upgraded cam, no drag radials, no Msd ignition

well some good news and some bad news....

the good new it was just the axle...... ya it blew apart pretty good (pics below)

the bad new.... it was raining so no more times to tell you about, but tomorrow seems alright so ill most likely go out then

Pics..... just a note... the housing has about a 1.5" crack down it aswell

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

Wow, that is impressive. But ya know, I duno what tree your using ( if its a pro tree or what ) but if you get a better r/t youll prolly drop that time lower. Thats great though. You need to buy some good axles that wont break on you everytime you go to the track.

F yeah dude!! get us some vids!! usually your r/t doesn't effect your ET cause it doesn't trip the timer until you roll past the beam. unless it is pro

oh why the pot on the map?? i thought you don't need it unless your going to run past 1bar!?!? (aka fuel cut)

what front mount are you gonna be running!?!

Niceeeeeeeeeee! Nearly 27mph gained on the back half of the track, that's impressive top end power right there. :mrgreen:

PS: 1/4 mile page is updated. Hurry up and get some 12's. :wink:

F yeah dude!! get us some vids!! usually your r/t doesn't effect your ET cause it doesn't trip the timer until you roll past the beam. unless it is pro

oh why the pot on the map?? i thought you don't need it unless your going to run past 1bar!?!? (aka fuel cut)

what front mount are you gonna be running!?!

i got the pot on the map so that if i run 15 psi i wount hit fuel cut (fuel cut is at 18PSI now with the Pot)

well the weather is looking great so im' date=' heading to the track and will get some videos :twisted:

the front mount i got is 24 long by 6 high by 3 deep

Awesome times!!! I wish it was that fast when I owned it. :mrgreen: :cool:

thanks josh..... im getting her there.... wouldnt be this fast if it wasnt for your skills too

Niceeeeeeeeeee! Nearly 27mph gained on the back half of the track, that's impressive top end power right there. :mrgreen:

PS: 1/4 mile page is updated. Hurry up and get some 12's. :wink:

ya the car feels slower but when i look at the HUD at the end of the track it said 100 MPH and i was like GOD damn.... like i new it was faster, but sounder quiter and stuuf because no exhaust leak

with a 108 MPH trap i think i can hit 12s with just an exhaust cutout and the FMIC... i think the way it is today ill break into the low 13s anyways, as my 13.6 run was a really bouncy start, and the 1st run is never my best anyways

anyways hopefully i dont break anything today, and ill post some videos later tonight wish me luck!

hey thats funny you mentioned using a cutout........i just dyno'ed my car today for a semi-base run.....she picked up 21hp from cut-out closed to open!! :eek: i bet it'll give you more hp than it gave me too!

slap a cut-out on and gimme 12's!! oh and good luck with the the axles!

hey thats funny you mentioned using a cutout........i just dyno'ed my car today for a semi-base run.....she picked up 21hp from cut-out closed to open!! :eek: i bet it'll give you more hp than it gave me too!

slap a cut-out on and gimme 12's!! oh and good luck with the the axles!

21 HP!!!! I always wanted one of those.

I'm curious is the ac removed to get the pipes through or do you have another method for routing them . . oh and I'm also curious to see how you mount the thing as I'm looking to do one fmic myself . . oh and would you be wiling to be an automatic version of the chip you are running as I'm seiously looking at getting one of these turbos. . I think a built motor with a 3000 stall converter would give you a run for your money :P . . no bad low end torque for tire spin . .

good luck with the runs :) and videos!!!

I think a built motor with a 3000 stall converter would give you a run for your money :P . . no bad low end torque for tire spin . .

Why the built motor?? He has a 130K+ on the factory engine.

I think a built motor with a 3000 stall converter would give you a run for your money :P . . no bad low end torque for tire spin . .

Why the built motor?? He has a 130K+ on the factory engine.

I meant the built motor I have....meaning I can push more timing and probably more boost if it required it...The built motor, better flowin heads, intakes, bigger cam, less rotating weight from the rods/pistons makes up for the 5spd he has

Oh I was also meaning to ask, I'm curious to see the math used to decide the GT2871R was the best for the application, I had found that a different one appeared to be better for the 3.1. I need to go back and redo mine though to see, I need a map of the turbo that would be nice...

Bad news..... yup 1st run and snapped an axle :( so i went out and bought a new one.... the axle is just as bad as the last one, except this time the axle seal broke aswell.

pics to follow...

and a 80-130 MPH video from the ride home

Nice times! That thing is getting faster and faster, time to invest in some stronger axles if you can find them.

you dont get a sense of speed with those vids....you need to race a stock-turbo TGP so we can really tell!!

try this and call em and see if they can make something work or do some custom stuff:

http://www.driveshaftshop.com/1offaxles.ivnu

if you look on their site they have done stuff for GM's with 282's

http://www.driveshaftshop.com/item135638.ctlg

at least it looks like it.....they have the 92-94 cavalier with 6cly option so 1 of the 2 5-speed options would be for a 282 i would assume...so they prob have some experience which is nice

worth a look

oh and with a trap speed of 108 i would estimate your wheel HP to be higher than 250 for sure!!