A complete 94 GP SE with B4U found at a local yard. I got it! NEW PICS ON PAGE 2

Q-Ball

Yeah 400 for the kit sucked, But it was a one shot deal. Plus that canadian dollars too. The kit is going on this weekend. I cant wait! I might take off my red fascia, and just go all black.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Q-Ball

• CSI_MuNkY

• slick

• THe_DeTAiL3R

Yeah 400 for the kit sucked, But it was a one shot deal. Plus that canadian dollars too. The kit is going on this weekend. I cant wait! I might take off my red fascia, and just go all black.

Was that including tax?

That should look interesting :mrgreen: Take lots of pics!!

I can't wait till you get the new paint... then you'll have the nicest car out of the 3. :neutral:

Oh well, at least mine is still faster :lol:

Was that including tax?

That should look interesting :mrgreen: Take lots of pics!!

I can't wait till you get the new paint... then you'll have the nicest car out of the 3. :neutral:

Oh well, at least mine is still faster :lol:

400 + Tax. Yeah, I'll be sure to take a lot of pictures! I already have my batteries charging :razz: My car will look nice from the outside, but it still wont perform like your 160 hp beast :redface: My 140 hp can only do so much. :cry:

Im doing exterior first. Just to make it look nice and sporty. (Even though 140hp is amazing) :lol:

Than I'll move on swap to a black interior somehow. And in the middle of the swap, I'll get my struts done.

then wait until you can afford to paint the entire car

paint 1st, then install.........

Probably won't mach his faded paint on the car.

neither will the black :lol: ...it just reminds me of ricers buying a body kit and installing it without painting it...

then wait until you can afford to paint the entire car

neither will the black :lol: ...it just reminds me of ricers buying a body kit and installing it without painting it...

I concur

My paint isnt faded. I dont think it will personally look bad with a black kit. It will be like that for a while. I cant afford to repaint the car right now. I have credit cards to pay off.

If he paints the parts and then puts them on they will match, the car was just painted red a few months ago... I think the black on red won't look bad, it will just look like a 2-tone, but that blue hood throws it way off, lol... As nice as the hood will look, right now it just doesn't look right at the moment.

Jamie

If he paints the parts and then puts them on they will match, the car was just painted red a few months ago...

:werd: he's got fresh paint still.... really no scratches on it. It looks like a quicky paintjob, but with a little wetsanding I'm sure it would look great. I dunno why not just paint the pieces :dunno:

pics:

http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php/topic,40291.0.html

2293316_6_full.jpg

I dunno why not just paint the pieces :dunno:

it just sounds like he is impatient

I am impatient. Espically with all you bastards bad mouthing my car. But I do want to add metal flake to my car like Jamie says. And that paint isnt cheap!

Ohhh SNAP

there there Jason... Its your car do as you please...

Hes not impatient guys, he just really has no where to store a spare body kit and a half. They will probably end up getting scrapped if no one speaks up for them. Not all of us have an abundance of space to keep all our shit... In fact some of us have girlfriends or parents that won't threaten to throw out our stuff, they will just do it.

BTW Jason, adding metalflake will be an expensive thing, but well worth it, especailly when you consider what your paying your uncle to do it. An old friend of mine did it to his truck and it looked phenominal.

Jamie

please.... paint it all first, then install it. i have a blue IROC hood for my camaro, but its not going on till its painted to match the car. even paint that dosen't quite match looks a ton better then black/ blue pannels on a red car. patience pays off.

Ohhh SNAP

there there Jason... Its your car do as you please...

Hes not impatient guys, he just really has no where to store a spare body kit and a half. They will probably end up getting scrapped if no one speaks up for them. Not all of us have an abundance of space to keep all our shit... In fact some of us have girlfriends or parents that won't threaten to throw out our stuff, they will just do it.

Jamie

Sounds like what it was like for me when I lived at home!

Well, as for the hood, that was the only way I could transport it. Take my old one off, and put the new one on. My good hood is still in Windsor... 2 hours away from London :cry:

And I cant just paint the kit, I have to prep my car. Drill holes so the kit can go on. If you noticed, I dont have any holes around the flares. My uncle only has saturday to work on this with me.

You should go to that place I told you to go for paint this Saturday at some point and get prices and codes for the paints you want or need. Maybe you can afford to get it done sooner than you thought with that new job of yours, maybe your car only has to be black and blue for a week or so. I think they are only open till noon so maybe call ahead, I could be wrong

I'm calling that contact you gave me about my car this morning!!

I could have my car back within the next week and a half :willynilly: NO MORE LTC!! :willynilly:

Jamie

And I cant just paint the kit, I have to prep my car. Drill holes so the kit can go on. If you noticed, I dont have any holes around the flares. My uncle only has saturday to work on this with me.

:thinking: you have to prep the car and drill holes regardless if the pieces are black or red

What he is saying is his uncle is doing it for him, and his uncle is a busy man, he happens to be available saturday so thats when its getting done

Jamie

cool...but why does everyone hate tan interiors on here??? j/w

I like Black on Tan, red on tan, and white on tan. I think those are about the only colors that look good on a tan interior. But, the tan interior HAS to have some different colors in it to break up the tan-ness of it.

i liked how the tan interior looked in my dark green cutlass...everyone always commented how they liked everything except the interior...oh well, to each his own...

and $400 does seem kinda high for that kit...but @ least u found 1....

You couldn't haggle AND they didn't want to part it out...WTF type of yard is this?

Normally they are good. This is the first time I had any problems with them. Well as for an update, I just pulled off my rear bumper. What a pain. The 94-96's come off a lot easier :lol:

I'd take a pic, but my sister took my camera for camping :evil: Basicaly it just has that plastic piece over the rebar. And minus 2 back tires.

What's involved removing/installing the rear bumper? I'm just wondering cause theres a bit of rust I need to get at...

Are there any stupid plastic clips that can break?

What's involved removing/installing the rear bumper? I'm just wondering cause theres a bit of rust I need to get at...

Are there any stupid plastic clips that can break?

There is always clips. But they are re usable. They are all under the rear bumper. As for screws and bolts, just pop the trunk, and there will be 2 on the right side where your antenna is. And only 1 on the left side where the gas tank is. Its a lot easier if you have both rear tires off because than you get to the other bolt and nuts through the wheel well. Take off your splash guards and get those nuts off. Careful, they might break. I broke a few, but you can replace them with another bolt and nut. Mine has to come off too, because I want to use the newwer rebar. Mine has some rust, and I want to get it all cleaned up and put some POR-15 on it. My car has to be prepped for body work now.