does anybody know...

Lissa

where I can go to get new seats for my 92 olds cutlass supreme s? I've searched online and all I can find is the tracks and stuff. Or does anybody know how expensive it is to reupholster(sp?) Since I haven't been able to drive my car much in the year that I've had it (cause it hasn't been running grrrr), I haven't really taken a good look at the interior. I detailed it yesterday, adn the seats have cigarette burns (yuck!) all over them!plus, they're all worn looking. I realize seat covers would probably be more economical, but I don't want a quick fix, I want to make my car nice. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Lissa

Lissa,

I don't know if you have a Junk Yard / U-Pull it near you, but that would probably be the best and cheapest way to get new seats for your car. Otherwise, check ebay as they show up there sometimes. What color is your cutty's interior anyway? Someone might have seats they can sell you.

hi there! There's several junkyards here, but most of the cars they get that have compatible seats are in really, REALLY bad condition. The interior is dark blue. the material is kind of a pseudo-velour, I think? Or at least it used to be, lol. It's not quite as plush as velour, but it's not just plain old cloth either. I'm not really up on the correct terms for interiors(or exteriors, lol), so I'm not sure what to call it. I'm not looking to make this a show car, but I would like to make it nice. I'm planning on keeping her until I get my mid-life crisis convertible, which is a ways away :mrgreen: Thanks for responding! I'll hafta go check the JYs again tomorrow, just on the off chance...

Lissa

I will agree that most of the cars in the yard near me have the same problem. Occasionally I run across a cutty with a leather interior in good condition. Keep looking, and maybe a car will come in with what you need. :thumb:

If you were willing to pay the hefty shipping charges, many of us from the midwest go to the local junkyards pretty often. We come across all sorts of stuff.

lol...define "hefty" Depending on where you're at, I'd be willing to pay the shipping charges, or make a road trip, depending on which is cheaper. If anybody does find some, please let me know, and maybe we can work something out!

Thanks~!

Lissa

lol...define "hefty" Depending on where you're at, I'd be willing to pay the shipping charges, or make a road trip, depending on which is cheaper. If anybody does find some, please let me know, and maybe we can work something out!

Thanks~!

Lissa

Shipping for seats is insanely expensive, cuz they're pretty hefty themselves. I think i got a quote for someone shipping me seats and it was like $150-175, somewhere in there. It was just as much if not a bit more than what i was going to pay for the actual seats :willynilly: