Krylon tinting experiment (update pg 2)

Psych0matt

So, as the thread has been going, i picked some up yesterday on my lunch break, and this morning I did my front corners. pics speak for themselves basically. they arent the smoothest, but i kinda like how they look. shiny, but kinda flat. i know, it doesnt make sense, but they look really good IMO (which you cant really tell from the pics anyways)

tint1.jpg

tint2.jpg

tint3.jpg

tint4.jpg

wow, i just noticed that they look really really dark in the pics. in the sunlight you can still tell that theyre lights and not just black plastic

dude toro use some common sense..

guess ill type it better

take the bulbs out of the side signals...sand the SIGNALS down and paint them white like your car (i.e. mine are black on black) and I garuntee you will like the results.

I think white-tinted might look better too...

:werd:

but, I didn't know if they would actually look white. black on orange seems like it would cover better than white on orange. Maybe I'll pick up a spare set and experiment again

and yeah, they arent quite as dark in real life, but still pretty dark. it was really bright outside when I did it, so it was really shiny and kept looking not dark enough. oh well, learned my lesson

Im not talking about white tinted. I am talking about buying a can of your paint code...scuffing the lights with some 1500 grit and painting them white.

looks nice Matt....I would consider picking up this product if I can't find the last can of Nightshades I have laying around my house...I want to paint the tails on my Exploder

Im not talking about white tinted. I am talking about buying a can of your paint code...scuffing the lights with some 1500 grit and painting them white.

I don't really care for body-colored corners on these cars. It makes the front overhang look so long and empty, it needs a light to break it up. The front overhang is long enough that they don't need anything to accentuate it.

If you wanted them less contrasty, how about painting them silver?

I used a silver paint on my rear running lights (the ones on the sides of the rear bumper). It didn't reduce their brightness much at all. I think it's silver wheel paint that auto parts stores sell.

151083_45_full.jpg

I'm tempted to try it on the convertible's corners, but I don't know if light will still be visible in bright sunlight since the silver is pretty bright itself.

i thought about silver, but i would have to do all the brake lights and side markers to make it look right. you have the grey to match it, and it looks awesome, but i think ill leave the rest alone for a while, til I decide what would look best

Shawn ur Cutty is SOOOOOO smooth looking!

I would probably trade for it :wink:

Also, I did my third brake light and rear markers. I'll take some pics here in a few probably, but it pretty much looks like you'd expect it to. I want to do my tails, but with the way it dries I either need to wait til i have time clear them and polish them up, or get some real niteshades. I just can't risk screwing up these tail lights when theyre so hard to find

Pics of the rear stuff, and better pics showing what the fronts look like

tint11.jpg

tint12.jpg

tint13.jpg

tint14.jpg

tint15.jpg

tint16.jpg