1998 lumina radio

1979lee

hey all, I have a 98 lumina and i want to get a better delco unit , it has a plain non theftlock am/fm radio and i'd like at least an am/fm cassette delco unit, but i need to know what will fit in this car , info on such as the connector and mounting it,

what year delco units will work with my car?

thanks , lee

Any 95+ , 1.5 DIN Theftlock stereo, be it CD or cassette will work, with the excetion of the BOSE units. I'm not too sure how late they used those radios in the cars, but i know the trucks used them until 2002.

Any 95+ , 1.5 DIN Theftlock stereo, be it CD or cassette will work, with the excetion of the BOSE units. I'm not too sure how late they used those radios in the cars, but i know the trucks used them until 2002.

thanks!!!

the truck one's will not fit properly unless you break off the side mounting sliders and fab up something to hold at the front....

AFAIK: the mounting brackets should be removeable on all delco decks

Do the newer Delco radios with the built in chime module/oil change light/all that unneccessary crap that GM put into them, work with the older vehicles still?

Depends on how new. The only ones with the chime modules and such built in are the double din ones, with the new style connector. The ones we are speaking of here will work fine, but I believe a dimming wire needs to be changed for use in first gens.

Anyway, like regal_gs said, any 95-02 theftlock will work fine in your 98 lumi.

Depends on how new. The only ones with the chime modules and such built in are the double din ones, with the new style connector. The ones we are speaking of here will work fine, but I believe a dimming wire needs to be changed for use in first gens.

Ahh... your right. I totally forgot GM finally switched over to Double Din.