94-96 B4U GP w/ a custom hood scoop

mfewtrail

Found this on clubgp, it might not look too bad once the hood is painted. I was thinking about a "cowl" type scoop to put on my '93 in the future, but I no longer need one with what I have planned for the car. I would have extended the cowl out further and made it wider than that one for what it's worth.

car11tj.jpg

car9er.jpg

car36ws.jpg

On your 93, do you have the B4U kit on it? For my 92 I'm adding the 94-96 kit on mine. It would look a lot better if you had the kit on to go with that hood. But personally, that hood doesnt do anything for me. I'd rather get a hood with an intake.

On your 93, do you have the B4U kit on it? For my 92 I'm adding the 94-96 kit on mine. It would look a lot better if you had the kit on to go with that hood. But personally, that hood doesnt do anything for me. I'd rather get a hood with an intake.

My 93 only has the "BYP" kit, and it's staying that way. I'm keeping the hood stock as of now. I do however have a TGP style aftermarket hood with brand new louvers & mounting hardware that I may eventually put on the car though.

My 93 only has the "BYP" kit, and it's staying that way. I'm keeping the hood stock as of now. I do however have a TGP style aftermarket hood with brand new louvers & mounting hardware that I may eventually put on the car though.

That would definitly look good. Where did you get an after market TGP style hood? Does it have the longer or shorter louvers?

Hello,

Because you are looking for a "how does it look" type answers, I think it is very RICE. While a moderate amount of cladding is nice, especially if it is factory, adding a nonfunctional hood scoop is no better then adding a nonfictional wing to the back of a car. Scoops do serve a purpose...Z24's had a functional CIA scoop, and many RWD cars (and I guess FWD in the right application) might even require the under hood clearance. But adding it just to add it, I'm sure there are other places to improve your car that might make it run better or ride nicer.

But, a lot of people, including a lot of folks here on this board like to make their cars special, and for that, this hood fits the bill. That's my 2 cents.

Ben

the hood isn't my style, and I don't really see the point of the clear headlight covers either :shrug:....they make it look like they are showcasing the velco/brackets that hold them in place

looks good...compared to other's ive seen

its good that somebody actually does custom work to these cars tho.....

and hey, its hella better than the faggy Lund scoops

That hood does nothing for me. There is an 83 Firebird in town that has a hood like that, but the cowl goes almost to the top of the windshield...whenever I see it I almost puke...not many cars can pull off that hood

• 2 weeks later...

I think the poster died. He stopped replying in his thread...

I'm still breathing last time I checked.

I didn't see the post where you asked about where I got my TGP style hood earlier, sorry. I got the hood from a local body shop. It was around $150 for it unpainted. I believe it might be identical to the ones you can find listed online now for a little over $100. I haven't test fitted the hood yet, but it should fit very close to the way the OEM ones did(I already have an aftermarket stock style hood on my '93 that was ordered through the same body shop and it fits exactly like the original hood).

I like cowl hoods but they have to be on the right car for it to look like its suppose to be there. I mean if you need it for room in the engine comaprtment ( for whatever reason ) then thats one thing. But putting that hood on and not making it functional or have no reasoning for it its kinda stupid.