Failed by OVER 2,000 ppm for NO!?

gmrulz4u

I went today to get E-Tested here in Ontario with my 89 Cutlass (2.8L) and Failed only the NO by WAY over the limit! Limit is 675 ppm and I got 2688 at 1700 RPM's.

What the hell!??

So right I away I am thinking EGR all the way. The mechanic said with those numbers, he thinks the EGR isn't opening at all! But if that were the case, why no OBD Trouble Code?

Anyways, I get out of Service Manual to do the EGR Valve System Check.

First step, with engine and Key Off, apply vacuum to EGR Valve. Valve should not move, which it didn't. Next, Key ON, apply vacuum, EGR should still not move, good again. Next, Ground Diagnostic Terminal (A&B) and apply vacuum, valve SHOULD move, but mine doesn't at all!??

So, next step, disconnect EGR's 5-pin harness and put a Test Light between terminals "D" and "C", bulb SHOULD light, mine didn't. Next, ground terminal "D" directly using a Test Light, bulb SHOULD light, mine didn't again!?

So, where on the Flow Chart of Diagnostics did I end up? "OPEN CKT 639".

Meaning, I don't think there's any voltage going to the EGR Valve? I am assuming that terminal "D", which is a Pink/Black wire is supposed to have 12 volts on it, but mine apparently has nothing.

My diagram shows terminal "D", the Pink/Black wire connected to an "ENG CONTROL FUSE" or "IGN FUSE"? But I believe this were OK...

Plus, where does the "Electronic Vacuum Regulator Valve" come into play here?

Any experts out there on this specific type of EGR Valve??

Any help at all?

THANKS!:)