Got a Sub and an amp sittin here *Update: THE SHIT'S IN!*

Dirty Rockstar

I have no documentation on them, and when I go to the manufacturers' sites, they want me to create a login so I can return! :willynilly: And I search the interweb, all I get is this is the best amp ever, followed by another review of this amp is a piece of shit.. :confused:

So Im callin out the the Audio gurus here.. Can this amp I have push the sub?

Amp: Alpine mrp-t220

Sub: pioneer ts-w300r

Thanks a ton guys! I have a bandpass sittin in the trunk, but no way to power anything because I dont know what the hell all of it is! :willynilly:

Yes. SVC 4ohm sub and with amp at 4ohm x 1 ( bridged ) with 140w RMS at 4 ohms. Thats there.

50 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms

70 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms

140 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms

Stereo or bridged mono output

4-ohm stable in bridged mode

MOSFET power supply

Tri-Way capable

High-pass/low-pass (80 Hz) crossovers, 18 dB/octave

Variable 0-12 dB bass boost at 50 Hz

20 Hz subsonic filter

Speaker-level inputs

Gold-plated power and speaker screw terminals

Recommended RMS Power: 150W

So this mystery amp will power this mystery sub? (Mysttery sub-Makes it sound like I went exploring in the back of the fridge.. :willynilly: )

Its a QLogic ported bandpass.. A friend of mine from work had the same sub in the same box, and it was like 12" of sex in a box.. I am going to go lookin around for some thick plexiglass similar to what is on this, and make an illuminated Oldsmobile rocket on it or something cool..

Well, I got my RCAs and amp power line run through the car.. And heres the beauty: You can't tell the lines are there until you hit the trunk!

I will be installing my sub and powering the amp this weekend and see how it sounds...

..Or watch the flames touch the sky.. I don't know yet..

Another plus: That Blitzsafe iPod adapter came in the main today I won on ebay.. I'll be massaging that into the car, so I can listen to my pod and charge the shit all at the same time.. :cool:

Pics when its all in and done :mrgreen:

Well, I got my RCAs and amp power line run through the car.. And heres the beauty: You can't tell the lines are there until you hit the trunk!

I will be installing my sub and powering the amp this weekend and see how it sounds...

..Or watch the flames touch the sky.. I don't know yet..

Another plus: That Blitzsafe iPod adapter came in the main today I won on ebay.. I'll be massaging that into the car, so I can listen to my pod and charge the shit all at the same time.. :cool:

Pics when its all in and done :mrgreen:

Sweet, that'll sound good!

Indeed. Ive spend soo much time hiding my wires that there is really only one spot that you can see the power wire. Which is right by the e-brake. It takes time to do it right. But I will say this, if your thinking about running wires under the trunk carpet ( like I did/kinda still do ) and if you have to make holes in the carpet, dont do it. I need a new trunk carpet because of it. ( the placement of the amp before didnt help this either )

Indeed. Ive spend soo much time hiding my wires that there is really only one spot that you can see the power wire. Which is right by the e-brake.

I've never been able to see any of my wires.

It takes time to do it right.

So, your nuts like me about picking up interference and completely pull out the interior when you run your wiring?

It takes time to do it right.

So, your nuts like me about picking up interference and completely pull out the interior when you run your wiring?

When I ran the wiring for my comp set ( as well as subs, but just hid all the wires at that time ) I had everything but the rug and center consoul out of the car. ( I was also laying down Dynamat as well ) Took me the better part of the day.

I didnt wanna pull the center consoul, but Im going to have to since I wanna get the whole floor done.

The only reason wires show by the e-brake is that the rug seems 'short' there. Seems like its missing some length to it and it just didnt cover it. but you dont notice. Just wait till I post a pic of the mess of wires by my backseat. Man I wish RCA's came shorter :lol:

I didnt wanna pull the center consoul, but Im going to have to since I wanna get the whole floor done.

The only reason wires show by the e-brake is that the rug seems 'short' there. Seems like its missing some length to it and it just didnt cover it. but you dont notice. Just wait till I post a pic of the mess of wires by my backseat. Man I wish RCA's came shorter :lol:

Thats why you make your own :wink:

I pulled all the plastic trim up and ran my power on the left and RCAs on the right.. I dont want anything fuckin with the sound of my system..

..I even pulled the trim that goes across the back deck in the corners, all the way to the back window, and ran my cables up, and through 2 pre existing holes in the framework..

..Yea, I wanted it done right, so I woldn't A) have wires everywhere, lookin like shit B) have the wires visible and risk gettin my shit stolen.. Lame..

As I said, the only give aways are the RCA connections for my new iPod interface.. Looks good to me :cool:

Im still not done yet.. I was gonna finish it up, (And actually dug around the trunk saturday) except the amp I found here is missing 5 screws.. So, I went ot the Depot and bought some extras.. Turns out, I need 6/32 screws but I bought 8/32.. So, my dad is gettin me the 5 more i need tomorrow, and I can get this done finally..

..I actually did acomplish something! The BLitzsafe iPod adapter is installed, and works! I just needed to figure out how to activate the Aux input on my DEH-P6300 :oops: .. I renamed the Aux to iPod as well.. I am going to be fabricating a charging mount and cradle right into my console for the iPod to charge and play all at once..

..Ill have pics up soon, I promise.. Here is a teaser of the SUb in the Bandpass:

05-24-06_2129.jpg

THat's my faceplate for the P6300 up on top.. (Message to Supremestyle21: Thanks for the deck Justin.. Works and sounds amazing!) :cool:

FWIW, I "activated" the AUX input of my DEH-P7600 by accessing the setup menu when the unit was off (ignition on.) Same way you would enter to set the clock (although I'm not sure the older models work in the same manner.)

Just thought I'd throw that out there :wink: ...

'preciate it Kevin.. I got it figured out though that afternoon :cool:

Basically, when off, hold Function for 2 secs. THen you can get into all tose cool little tools :mrgreen: