Inferno hood for $475??

brianhasadd

Hey. I found a guy on Clubgp.com that is selling his Inferno hood for $475 plus shipping. I offered him $530 including shipping. I told him that if he wanted anymore money for it, I might as well just order it brand new from http://www.partsforyourcar.com. What do y'all think? Should I order it from him?? or get it brand new for $100 more??

I'd say go for it at 530. If it has stone chips, they'll get fixed when it's painted anyway, and it wont cost much (if any) more than painting a bare one. Dont see any reason why you wouldn't want to save a hundred bucks!

What do y'all think I should do?? Should I order it?? It all seems kind of bogus to me because he doesn't take Paypal, he wants me to send him a check. That threw up a huge red flag when he said that he doesn't take PayPal

:dunno: maybe he doen'st have paypal??

Where are you getting it from? Are you able to pick up locally?

Well he said that he got screwed one time with Paypal so he doesn't trust it anymore. He lives in New Jersey so I can't pick it up locally. So do y'all think I should mail a check to him tomorrow?? or should I just wait and order it from PFYC.com???

I'm not sure if I want to buy it from this guy. I do need a hood cause I've got like a 10 inch gash in mine..not sure how it happened but it's ugly. I kind of want that Kenwood in-dash tv more than I want the hood but what do y'all think I should do??

I'm not sure if I want to buy it from this guy. I do need a hood cause I've got like a 10 inch gash in mine..not sure how it happened but it's ugly. I kind of want that Kenwood in-dash tv more than I want the hood but what do y'all think I should do??

Black is easy to touchup cause it's not metallic...

http://www.web-cars.com/detail/touchup.php

Get the headunit ;)

Well he said that he got screwed one time with Paypal so he doesn't trust it anymore. He lives in New Jersey so I can't pick it up locally. So do y'all think I should mail a check to him tomorrow?? or should I just wait and order it from PFYC.com???

FWIW: I got ripped off once for over $700 using paypal and I refuse to use it :shrug:

i'd use a certified money order

x2 that's really the only other way to go....

Either use a M/O or order it from PFYC.

What difference does it make?

Anytime I've ever sent MO, check, or cashier's check, once it's cashed, it's cashed. It's up to the seller's honesty to send you what you paid for.

The only way you have any recourse for Item Not Received is through PayPal. Pay with a credit card through PayPal, if you don't receive it and PayPal won't refund your money, dispute the charges with the CC company.

I agree but this moron doesn't use Paypal. So should I order it from him?? or order it from PFYC? If I order it from him, I need to mail a check today so he doesn't sell it to someone else.

I agree but this moron doesn't use Paypal. So should I order it from him?? or order it from PFYC? If I order it from him, I need to mail a check today so he doesn't sell it to someone else.

I don't know, it's your call. It could be a good deal, or he could take your money and run. You never know.

It might help to search to see if he's sold stuff before. If he's sold stuff with no problems in the past, then he's probably legit.

Well I'm not going to buy it from him. I did some research on ClubGP.com and 3 guys said that this guy tried to sell them the same hood and took their money. They all got their money back but it took like 6 months they said. I had a bad feeling about this guy from the very beginning but I couldn't pass up saving $200 on the Inferno hood. Boy am I glad that I didn't go through with this!!!!

Thanks for changing your sig back. :wink:

Not a problem. I want that picture in my sig but I still can't figure out how to resize it so I guess that I'll just stick with the Vette'

Well I'm not going to buy it from him. I did some research on ClubGP.com and 3 guys said that this guy tried to sell them the same hood and took their money. They all got their money back but it took like 6 months they said. I had a bad feeling about this guy from the very beginning but I couldn't pass up saving $200 on the Inferno hood. Boy am I glad that I didn't go through with this!!!!

Yeah, and from looking at that website, it looks like you could get the whole kit (air dam, hood, and spoiler) for $1000 and save even more money. That's the way I'd go... that air dam looks awesome.

Yeah it does look pretty wicked!!! I didn't like the Inferno Spoiler at first but now that I see it from different angles, I really do love it!!! When I order it, I'm going to get it in Carbon Fiber.