'89 Cutlass Electronic Climate Control

RaKooN

Well first off just let me say hello.

OK i went to the yard and found a 89 cutty with the ecc. So i pulled it and brought it home, put power to it and it worked fine for about 20 min then started to twinkle like the stars. All the lights started to flash and the display was freekin out. Im thinkin its cashed but Id like your opinion on it thanks and if its repairable.

Rakoon

Sounds like a plan. Do you know where theres a pic or some thing that can show me exactley what needs to be reflowed? Maybe Brian does. :rolleyes: Thanx

I reflowed the solder on the main chip's tiny pins and that fixed it for a few months, but then it started acting up again. The 2nd time I reflowed the solder on pretty much everything and it hasn't acted up for nearly a decade.

If you have the time and patience, do the whole thing.

OK, Done. Now theres the air controler umm. I know its under the pass. side dash but i dont have a clue where or what it even looks like. So if theres a pic that can show me the general area under the dash where it located. Im lost under there. THat would help.

RaKooN