WTB: LG5 Exhaust Manifolds

TGPilot

Guys in my quest to create the perfect set of headers for the LG5 I need to buy a set of exhaust manifolds to mock-up a jig and header flange alignment tool.

If anyone has a set please let me know. I am not looking to spend top dollar so if they are cracked or whatever no biggy...as long as they have their original form.

Thanks much and I hope someone is willing to help me. I would be willing to set you up with a signifigant discount on a "production" set of headers for helping me out here. Only problem is I do not have a date yet for the release...but to say July 2006 would not be far off. :wink: :cool:

Looks like I may have the manifolds I need.

Actually Tony...forget what I said about the shipping on the manifolds...let me know the shipping cost for ground and I will PayPal in full. :wink:

Well it will not be something other than an apperance mod for LG5's with a T25 because of the adherant back pressure issues....but with a turbo with a better flowing exhaust turbine...IT WILL BE SWEET!! :willynilly:

Should have something together soon if I get manifolds from someone....ANYONE!!! :wink:

Guest TurboSedan

Well it will not be something other than an apperance mod for LG5's with a T25 because of the adherant back pressure issues....but with a turbo with a better flowing exhaust turbine...IT WILL BE SWEET!! :willynilly:

Should have something together soon if I get manifolds from someone....ANYONE!!! :wink:

awesome :) could these headers fit 3x00 heads too?

One step at a time. Don't the 3x00 heads have the same port width...just the port design/shape is different?

Might have an answer to the backpressure issues with the T25 so that the headers will allow for a performance gain with a modified T25. Stay tuned! :wink:

I would love to offer up some manifolds if I had a pair....but only have a front one :neutral:

I will mention that I will also be up there at the front of the line waiting for a set of these when they are finished :wink: :willynilly:

if you are just using them for mock up purposes you should be able to use N/A manifolds. I know the front is the same, and the rear appears to be the same just without the outlet port on the bottom in the middle.

So it looks like Mr. GutlessSupreme is working a deal with me on the manifolds. So for the few people I was speaking with I will be getting the ones Gutless has and be good for now.

Thanks to all who responded and offered up their stuff even just to borrow! You will not be forgotten when the headers are released!! :thumb:

Guest TurboSedan

if you are just using them for mock up purposes you should be able to use N/A manifolds. I know the front is the same, and the rear appears to be the same just without the outlet port on the bottom in the middle.

the rear NA exhaust manifold is actually different in that the the outlet for the crossover pipe is in a different location than the turbo exhaust manifold. IOW a TGP crossover pipe will not bolt up to a NA rear exhaust manifold.

i'd be curious to try a n/a crossover on an LG5 and see if it fits (or vice versa). I can't imagine them changing the casting anymore than necessary to make it work.

Guest TurboSedan

i'd be curious to try a n/a crossover on an LG5 and see if it fits (or vice versa). I can't imagine them changing the casting anymore than necessary to make it work.

yeah i already tried. NA crossover won't work with the LG5 rear exhaust manifold and vice versa. the end of the rear exhaust manifold that the crossover pipe bolts to sticks out more on the NA exhaust manifold. if you compare the NA rear exhaust manifold and the LG5 rear exhaust manifold side-by-side you'll see the difference.

awsome TGPilot.....good to hear your moving forward!! sounds like everyone is coming out of the winter blues around here!! anyway what kind of modification are you talking about for the t25?? porting and different turbine wheel?? would love to know cuase im thinking about keeping the 25 for awhile!