oil pan ?

RedZMonte

Looking for a pic of the oilpan w/ dumptube installed. i am trying to figure out how to get my oil return on my DOHC setup. i have seen the pic of the pan off the car w/ the tube on it.. i guess i don't understand where the return tube stick out at? the DOHC looks like the pan is completely sorrounded and i can't get to it... anyone know where i would be able to tap the pan?

Shane

http://www.brian89gp.com/redz.jpg

Right there. Unless you want to mount it on the rear of the pan that is the only place, looks to be the same as the TGP as well. I'm just installing a 1/2 NPT 3/4" hose fitting in that same spot.

What I am wondering, anybody have a pic of that TGP tube from the inside of the pan? Does it dump straight into the pan or is there a baffle that directs the oil downward?

http://www.brian89gp.com/redz.jpg

Right there. Unless you want to mount it on the rear of the pan that is the only place, looks to be the same as the TGP as well. I'm just installing a 1/2 NPT 3/4" hose fitting in that same spot.

What I am wondering, anybody have a pic of that TGP tube from the inside of the pan? Does it dump straight into the pan or is there a baffle that directs the oil downward?

Dumps. The flange must have been welded to the pan because the only thing on the inside is a hole in the pan.

The tube snakes up over top of the starter under the exhaust manifolds and coil.

I hate to say it, but the TGP isn't much of a model for your app, the tube is custom bent to fit around things, so whatever it looks like will work on the dohc i guess.

You can do what i'm doing, which will work much better i think, i bought a new spare pan, and i'm going to have a bung welded in it, so i can screw a fitting in, this way i don't really have to worry about the crush washer leaking and such.

You can do what i'm doing, which will work much better i think, i bought a new spare pan, and i'm going to have a bung welded in it, so i can screw a fitting in, this way i don't really have to worry about the crush washer leaking and such.

I am going to weld the bung to the pan and run a SSBraided line to it.

Shane