Z 34 bodywork coming off.. How to fix??

coryatver

The plastic that runs along the bottom of the door is coming off. What can I use to fix this? I would apreciate any help. Thanks. Here is an example picture the arrow points to were it is coming off. That is not my car mine is black :mrgreen: But if that is your car its nice!

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

Is it the bottom that is comming detached, or the top, or the whole thing. Im not too sure about z 34's but on my cutlass, there are screws along the bottom , and there are plastic clips that are attaced to little nubs on the door that keep the molding attached. Same thing on my regal

i'm asumeing you mean the door piece?

its held on with a metal hook channel thing (if that makes any sense) on the top so it can just slide in and be secure, and the bottom is held on with nothing more then plastic body push in clips, you know the christmas tree push in ones. you should be able to get those at any autobody supply shop.

Won't slide persay, pull it up, but keep it against the door as you do this. Basically the top has a metal hanger on it holding it there across the whole piece. After the bottom push pins are out, and the screw on the edge closest to the rear of the door. If you take a screwdriver and put it in between the door and the skirt piece pry it open just a bit, you will see a plastic "block" in like a wedge on the skirt.

If it's falling off, the metal hanger might be rusted to shit. This was the case with mine, screwed that sucker right on, I did this because I have two new doors going on so I don't recommend screwing it on, unless you want the ghetto look like I have :mrgreen:

I do remember looking behind it and seeing all kinds of rust. I think I am going to end up screwing it unfortunatly :cry:. Maybe I will be able to find some screws that you cant notice to much. :confused: