Looking at buying a new battery, have 1 Q

THe_DeTAiL3R

Looking at the Motomaster Eliminator, it's got 850CCA and total 9 year warantee for like $129. I've bought the cheaper Motomaster batterys and always had great luck with them, so this should be a step up for my audio system...

Anyways, in addition to the regular side terminals, this one also has top terminals. My washer tank sits on top the battery, I think it should still fit ok (tank isn't that big) but does anyone know for sure?

0103478_450_CC_2287b.jpg

unless you know how tall the battery is to the top mounts, hard to say. I think I measured it once for that same reason, and from the battery trap to the bottom of the washer tank is was something like 7 1/4 inches.

Well fuck, I looked and there is no room. So I got 3 choices... remove the brace that goes over top the tank so it can sit higher, buy the stupid 700CCR batt, or modify the tank (put 2 holes in it for the terminals and seal it up somehow). I'd like to do #3.

Called PartSource and the Optima is like $280 or something crazy.... i'm not paying that just for a battery unless I needed it to go off-roading or something.

Looks slightly different....

2114352_22_full.jpg

583637_31_full.jpg

$280!! ( CAD? ) :willynilly:

if you have a pep boys there ( I duno ) They have em for like $100 ( USD ) If not, NAPA has an orbital battery which actually has better CCA's than an optima and its cheaper.

I swear by Die Hard batterys myself. You should easily get 6 years out of a DH Gold battery (as I have with several vehicles.)

Those "9 year warranties" are on a pro-rated basis. Within the first 2 years, you'll get a free replacement. After 2 years they give you $$$ off on your next battery based on a sliding scale (the newer the battery, the more money you get back towards your next battery.)

if there is a clearance thing wouldnt there be a way of slightly modifying the washer bottle, its ghetto but maybe something like taking it out and using a heat gun to distort it enough so that you can push that area more into the tank to give you the room you need

if there is a clearance thing wouldnt there be a way of slightly modifying the washer bottle, its ghetto but maybe something like taking it out and using a heat gun to distort it enough so that you can push that area more into the tank to give you the room you need

That's what I was thinking...

I swear by Die Hard batterys myself. You should easily get 6 years out of a DH Gold battery (as I have with several vehicles.)

Those "9 year warranties" are on a pro-rated basis. Within the first 2 years, you'll get a free replacement. After 2 years they give you $$$ off on your next battery based on a sliding scale (the newer the battery, the more money you get back towards your next battery.)

Nope, this IS an ACTUAL 9 year warrantee. Only on the Eliminator batterys though (not the regular cheaper ones). 3 year REPLACEMENT if you don't purchase the additional 6. We purchased extended warranty on our old Motormaster batteries before (5 yr I think) and they were very good about it. Bad battery, swap it with a new one. Has to be the SAME size battery though.

Nine-year total warranty, three-year free replacement and three-year roadside assistance

$280!! ( CAD? ) :willynilly:

if you have a pep boys there ( I duno ) They have em for like $100 ( USD ) If not, NAPA has an orbital battery which actually has better CCA's than an optima and its cheaper.

Looked at Orbital... they're $179 CAD. Nice battery but not as good a warranty.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortments/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524443249209&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1408474396670207&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474396670271&bmUID=1144548804046

ya c, it might be different, but if u want a red top i can get them for about 110-140 depending on the exact battery, my uncle is district manager of interstate batteries, so i got the hookups

I put a group 75 redtop into my stock location with mo modifications at all. I compared it to a standard group 75 stock battery and the red top is actually 1/2 - 3/4" shorter. So that accomidates for the top posts.

I picked mine up from WalMart for $159 cdn. With the 9 year warranty.

Well, you could always do what the guy did to the one in my cutlass, hacksaw off the top posts :lol: Or, Im not sure how far away you are from a US city, but you could always take a little trip across the border, and pick up an optima for cheap. Than just install it in the parking lot, and dont declare it. :lol:

Well, you could always do what the guy did to the one in my cutlass, hacksaw off the top posts :lol: Or, Im not sure how far away you are from a US city, but you could always take a little trip across the border, and pick up an optima for cheap. Than just install it in the parking lot, and dont declare it. :lol:

Good point!

Might go to Buffalo sometime with the gal to do some shopping, thanks for the idea! :lol:

I can pick up a red top Optima for $129.99 @ Costco :S We bought 2 deep cycle optima (blue top I think) at Costco 3 years ago for our travel trailer and they work awesome wired together :D !