Is this UNUSUAL??

gmrulz4u

OK, here goes...

About a year ago, I changed my stock alternator to a high-output one, rated at 150amps...I also changed my battery at the same time to an Optima Red Top, as well as this, I changed the power and ground wires to a higher gauge.

Now for the issue, I have a digital volt-meter, and notice that the outside air temperature makes a HUGE difference on how much power the volts are at...for example, in the summer time, when it's like 80-100 degrees, the battery would be at like 14volts, even at ilde!, sometimes it would go up to 16volts! It was just giving me such amazing power for my stereo and accessories. But whenever it's "cool" out, the voltage is not nearly as good...at a stop, it is usually around 11-11.5volts, sometimes going even lower to less than 11volts...all this with NO accessories on...or stereo...

So I'm just curious as to whether anyone knows if the Optima batteries are very temperature sensitive or not??

ANY THOUGHTS??