kuhmos??

birdman

are these any good? there the excsta's or somthing like that. they look like they have a good tread pattern and there not that expcencive for a semi-performance tire. also, they only have them in 50 series, do you think it would look bad or cause any big speedo problems? thanks.

I've always heard good things; long lasting and comfy riding.

:werd:

And cheap too (well some are).....my dad bought these $50/tire Kumho's a few years ago for his Taurus. He put them on at 85,000km, and the car is now at 175,000km....the tires had a 60,000km guarantee, and are far past that. This is the last winter for them though...the rear ones a pretty much bald, and the front ones have less then 1/8" to the wear line. However, even when they are that bad for tread wear, they still do amazing in snow and ice!!!! I'm amazed.

The Kumhos on my 240SX sucked...made the damn thing dangerous to even drive in the rain

but for $25 a tire from tirerack...you get what you pay for i suppose

I hated them, they had the worst tread wear, and if it even sprinkled out for 3 minuted, forget about traction, even in a 12 year old w-body. Get either nittos or goodyear assurance triple treads

I have Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's on my GP. I think they're great. I have 245/50/zr16 onmy cross laces and have never had traction problems in the rain. For me they stick like glue everywhere. They're my first Z rated tire, so i don't have much experience, but they are good summer tires. Just don't try to use them in the snow. When they say summer only, the mean it. Not sure about treadwear, I only drive my gp about 3k a year now, tops. I think they're great for the money. Best performace/cost i've heard of.

Guest TurboSedan

my brother has had the Kumho Ecsta 711s on his Turbo Dodges and another friend had them on his Turbo Shadow. tread wear sucked and they were horrible in the snow (well...ok they are a summer tire haha).

i had Kumho Ecsta HP4 716s on my old GTS and i thought they were great. i didn't have them on the car long enough to comment on tread life though (never had them in the snow either). maybe Bossman429 can say how they are doing.

I had some kumho's on my old 92 GP. Worst tires Ive ever had. Like Jay said, tread wear was terrible and no wet traction, ever. Hell, one wore down to the cords in less than 15,000 miles. I'll stick with my Goodyear Eagle GT-HRs. You get what you pay for with tires (like most anything).

I do sell limited amounts at my job. I'm not into them, but for what they are (Korean) they're good for certain applications. The KH18's are a good replacement for Michelin MXV4's ($$$$) that you see on Hyundais. The Kumho's are right at home on those cars, and there's a substantial savings vs Michelin and they ride similar. My workplace hasn't sold any Ecsta's yet due to having maybe 3 sizes in stock so far, but I have had customers complain about the treadlife on the Ecsta's and won't buy them again.

I'll stick with my Goodyear Eagle GT-HRs. You get what you pay for with tires (like most anything).

I just installed mine last night! So far very good. They don't handle like the (shorter sidewall) GT+4's I had, but the ride is much smoother.

I'll stick with my Goodyear Eagle GT-HRs. You get what you pay for with tires (like most anything).

I just installed mine last night! So far very good. They don't handle like the (shorter sidewall) GT+4's I had, but the ride is much smoother.

Sweet! I like the way they filled out my wheel wells better than the stock tires (215/60/16s). Ive had mine for over a year now and I swear they havent worn at all!

well there are some yoks's that ive been looking at too, does anyone have any experience with them?

I had some on my '87 Trofeo many many years ago, and they seemed to wear REALLY fast. Couldn't tell you what model they were; probobly long discontinued anyway....so take that for what it is.

I've put 20K miles and a couple years ( had the same set on two different cars ) on my Kumhos, and they have BARELY worn at all. ( just a little bit on the edges ) They are really good in the rain, and GREAT in the snow for what they are.

my brother has had the Kumho Ecsta 711s on his Turbo Dodges and another friend had them on his Turbo Shadow. tread wear sucked and they were horrible in the snow (well...ok they are a summer tire haha).

i had Kumho Ecsta HP4 716s on my old GTS and i thought they were great. i didn't have them on the car long enough to comment on tread life though (never had them in the snow either). maybe Bossman429 can say how they are doing.

The tires on the GTS are holding up fine as far as tread life. I just rotated them not too long ago.

Balancing those tires almost blew my mind! They were the best tires I have ever seen spin on a balancer. Out of all four of them, not one had a hop, shimmy or anything. Not like the Goodyears we sell.

If they gripped better I'd consider another set of them, but I think when I get wheels I'm gonna get something grippier.

I'm partial to Cooper tires. I had a set of Cooper Lifeliner Classic II white walls, that had a nice soft ride, and a hard compound that performed fairly well, and lasted 75,000 kms, and 2 station wagons for the 6 years I had them. Back then it cost me $90 a pop, or $360 for a set of P235/70R15's.

My Firefly has Crappy Tire brand Nordic Winter-Trac's, 185/80R13. $40 each.

I'm not sure what my Lumina has (coopers I think), but they are 225/60r16. When it comes time that I need to replace them, (it'll be a while yet), I'm going to look for a tire that gives me a soft "floating on a cloud" feeling that I had with my old wagon's cooper tires.

im looking for a sportier feeling tire with a hard sidewall, gotta stop that front end plow little by little. anyway im still up in the air on which to go with. i guess ill make the final decision when i get the rest of the money in a few weeks.

Here's my $0.02:

If money is of no matter get the Assurance TripleTred. Great, all-around performance tires.

Yoko's are great as well, but...

Sumitomo is where my money is at. I got 4 HTR-200's on my Saturn a while back and they were BETTER than the very expensive Michelins I had. The grip was phenomenal, and wet traction out-of-this-world. H-Speed rated and AA on temperature for all my high performance needs, plus I pumped it up to 48 PSI (51 is max) and the Saturn was shooting accross curves like never before, no sidewall flex whatsoever. There's also no bulge on the side either. Being Summer tires I can't vouch for them on snow or ice (I'm in Houston, that was of no concern to me).

My brother took my reccommendation and got some Sumitomo H4's to replace the Yoko's on his Neon, and he said braking and noise were much improved. In both cars, fuel economy went up.

The tires on my Intrigue are mis-matched and my wear bars are worn out so I'm shopping around as well. The only doubt I have about the Sumitomo's is the longer tread waranty on the TripleTred and the fact that, although they're great, I've found no comparison between both to know which is the best.

well money is kinda an issue, im looking to not spend more than about 525ish, but i will look inot them, thansk for the recomendation, BTW, i love your intrigue, its the exact color-rim combo i want.