1997 GTP Boost Levels

dkorinko

12565634 For manifold to dp gasket

10275205 For cat to catback gasket

Pulled those of clubgp but I would check with dealer to make sure thats what they are for.

Has anyone found there gas mileage to be affected by the PCM????[br]Posted on: April 03, 2006, 08:04:25 PM_________________________________________________Well I got the PCM and I must say, I noticed quite a difference!!! Can't wait to get the 3" downpipe on there :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Alright guys...I dont wanna keep adding new topics so I will just continue with this one... With my current mods being:

Full 3" Exhaust, U-Bend Delete, Magnaflow Cat, No Mufflers

3.25" Pulley with gatorback belt.

160* Thermostat.

3" Intake (Home Made)

DHP PCM

NGK Plugs.

My question is....What should I do next??????????

SCANNER

:iamwithstupid:

scanner is your best friend. i should really pick one up soon.

My gas mileage with my mods is reading about 28mpg, not totally highway, not totally city :D (that was supposed to be sarcastic)

Ok, its not going to be long at all before I order the intercooler from zzperformance. I decided I am going to get the one that is 1100. My question to you guys is...how hard is it to actually install the son of a gun, I have plenty of friends that are mechanically inclined and the install time on the website only shows 6 hours... I was just wondering if anyone has done this install and what, if any problems they had along the way???

IC isnt that bad of an install.

took us about 8 hours on mine, we were crusing, but then we stopped cause another guy showed up, and we didnt do anything for a while, and i had to make 2 trips to autozone, which was 20 minutes each way.

the only problems i had was that my engine was to dirty, and i dropped a bit of dirt down the injectors holes :( the supercharger came off with ease, bumper came off with ease. the other thing that took the longest was hose routing, since i was using a different pump then most other people use.

make sure that you get everything with that kit. you dont wanna start ripping it down to find out your missing parts. the one thing i dont like about ZZPs is that you have to modify your intake manifold :confused: also, what are you doing for the injector situation? (injector spacers, new fuel rails?) cause that will drive the price up as well.

The intercooler install is very easy. There is nothing hard about it there is just a lot of stuff you have to do so it takes a while. I have done I think 3 of them now. My dads car plus some other peoples cars. Not to mention we've had my dads off a few times. You should be able to easily get it done in a day, but I usually leave a whole weekend open to work on it just in case something does go wrong and you need extra time to get it done.

Honestly, with your current mods, I would get some ported manifolds or headers, and 1.9 rockers or a cam before going intercooler. An intercooler will give a nice gain, but the engine won't be able to breathe very well with stock cam and rockers and stock manifolds so you will be boost stacking. For ~$450 you should be able to pick up some PEM's and some 1.9 rockers. Then down the road a little bit if you throw a full size I/C on there you will be doing VERY well.

Just my $.02.

Shawn

The manifolds from hulkspeed.com look pretty nice. I was thinking about ordering those, along with the 3" dowpipe, that way i am comepletely done with my exhaust system and can then go to work on getting a cam, and valvetrain. And after the cam and valvetrain are done, i would assume it would be safe to install an intercooler, correct???