Loose Rack

EviLette

Okay, so this is super fucked up. I had a "tie rod" bad on my car... inner right, I knew it was fucked, or so I thought. Jacked the car up, the tire moved as per a faulty tie rod, so I got the part... went to put it on... the damn tie rod is still good... relatively, anyhow. BUT my power steering rack was LOOSE. Like lifting up severely from the subframe where it was mounted.... and it has like four locking bolts running across (i think there's four) that shouldn't have been able to come lose on their own, right?

Any opinions? I'm trying to figure out what alignment shop did it... I'm thinkin bosleys... they told me they'd replaced a tie rod, and upon checking it out to get the damn car aligned (they said they aligned it when I picked it up, but it wasn't) there was NO grease zert on the part... and I requested and they said that the part was Moog... so when it was "replaced" and they charged us for it and it went bad for REAL and I went back, they had to replace it and just charge us labor because they "put on a lifetime warranty Moog part..." The fucking part wasn't changed until my second visit.

Pardon the language, I'm irritated and hate ppl doing that... so someone please tell me my rack just worked itself loose all on it's own... and don't be joshin me either!