3.4 DOHC Cam timing on video

OldSkoolGP

Now that my question has been answered, I'm ready to let you guys know. This weekend I'm putting my motor back in. But before I do I'm gonna time it, and I'm gonna film it and explain the procedure for stock and modified timing. The guys at 60degreev6.com have been gracious enough to host it for me, and hopefully I'll have it edited and up for download by the end of next week. I'll be using the timing tool available (occasionally) at the 60degreev6 store to do it. I'm gonna try to be as in-depth as possible and cover all the different years and setups. This will be a free download and you won't have to join 60degree to get it.

Sweet. In case 60V6's server shits the bed under the load, I can always mirror it if need be.

I doubt that would happen. almost 2tb of transfer is availale :wink:

I've taken some preliminary footage today. I know what the most common mistakes are, I'm trying to think of things that are worth doing along the way, but every time I shoot a scene, I think of three other thing I should have mentioned. This is gonna be chopped as hell! :mrgreen:

OldSkool, that's awesome dude. You get that OBD 2 swap done?

The parts are all here, everything is in place. The onlt thing I'm waiting on now is to make a bracket to mount a front knock sensor. Once that's done, everything is ready. Motor goes in Sunday and hopefully will be running te same day.

Sweet. In case 60V6's server shits the bed under the load, I can always mirror it if need be.

I doubt that would happen. almost 2tb of transfer is availale :wink:

Got an additional 1.5 TB here just in case. :lol: :wink:

OldSkool, that's awesome dude. You get that OBD 2 swap done?

The parts are all here, everything is in place. The onlt thing I'm waiting on now is to make a bracket to mount a front knock sensor. Once that's done, everything is ready. Motor goes in Sunday and hopefully will be running te same day.

Awesome.....good luck man! Can't wait to see the vid!

i would LOVE to see this, as i am going to be doing my timing belt rather soon, this would be an awesome piece of information to have.

lol maybe we should just make nothing but instructional videos.. then sell them to the public!

That's a good idea....I am not doing it. Slick could make the alternator replacement video!

The OBD II tuning is taking a little longer since I couldn't drive my car the past couple of days due to snow. Hopefully the roads will be dry today and I can take it out for a beat run. So the video will have to wait another day or two. I have shot all the major footage, I just need to edit it and do some cleanup footage.