• White93z34

• timdjohn

• Euro

Someone posted it earlier, here are GM's designations for badging

GRAND PRIX's:

SE - Sport Edition

GT - Grand Touring

GTP - Grand Touring Prototype

Everything else (special editions) are simply limited edition packages for certain model years. If you notice some of these options were only available for a limited number of model years, where others have been available for the entire production run (i.e. special edition). Also, if you want to get really technical all of the Grand Prix's are basically the same. You can simply buy the parts and put them on your car so long as they will mount correctly.

Similar for the Cutty's

Cutlass Supreme

or

Cutlass Supreme S (Sport)

From the previous page...

GTP was named after a prototype series in some road racing organization. I forget the specifics on the series...

Odd that not many people on here have even seen these GTs, let alone own one.

Yeap I think you are right. i did a bit of digging and found GTP stands for Grand Touring Prototype

they were roads racing from 1981 to 1993 in North America. and I guess it was for manufactures to show off their new engine "Prototypes" so what was so "Grand Touring Prototype" about the GTP Grand Prix? I guess the 24 valve DOHC 3.4 L engine, I guess that is why it is STD on the GTP. ok makes sense now I guess, but the current Grand Prix GTP's have nothing special about them as even the supercharged engine was on the Bonneville first. oh well they are just names.

I am re badging my SE to a GT as that ishow I am out fitting it with Donor options from the junks yard. Need to find those front buckets In gray cloth now. I have no desire for the leather. And if I was to swap out my 3.1L engine it would be for the L67 not the 3.4 for all that bother. I just really want a 5 speed as I just never have felt the front drive auto transaxles are very durable. not like the old Turbo 400's or rear wheel drive fame.