exaust piping size

brian89gp

Both my stock headers have a 2.25" outlet and the turbo has a 2.5" inlet and outlet on the exaust side. Since a turbo is all about exaust velocity i was wondering if I should reduce the crossover pipe to 2" then Y into the 2.5" turbo or just do the crossover in 2.25" tubing? This is on the 3.4 DOHC motor too.

I am not looking for upgradeability here, just something that will work with this turbo (an upgraded toyota ct-26) which I don't expect any more then 350hp out of.

I would do 2.25". the motor will not fall on its face quite as much if you use 2.25". if you use 2" on this trubo it will choak it on the top end. It may help w/ spoolup but it will slow you down in the long run.

RedZ

Thanks. Got another question and you are probably the man to ask Shane. I am looking for an inline air filter (hose attachment on each side) preferably cheap and with 2.5" ports. I've looked but am coming up blank.

Thanks. Got another question and you are probably the man to ask Shane. I am looking for an inline air filter (hose attachment on each side) preferably cheap and with 2.5" ports. I've looked but am coming up blank.

You mean one that clamps to the intake then has a hose extension to draw from a nother location through a hose? if so then i think weaponR and reactive make one.

My question is are you going to be running an intercooler? if so then just slap on an open cone. Also if you want I can jet coat everything for you relitivly cheap. that lowers intake temps because it lowers the underhood temps and keeps the exhaust temps hotter and moves the exhaust out faster. Faster spoolup.

My turbo has a 2 3/4" inlet so i am going to bump it up to 3" to match my MAF sensor.

Shane

Yea, thats what I was thinking. I haven't decided which yet, kinda depends on how much room is left in my fender well (IC piping) when i get the bumper back on.

How much to Jet coat a crossover pipe and downpipe (to stock exaust)