LOOK- STB bar install pics

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous
Did yours come wrapped like a bar of chocolate too? It's impossible to get this tape off! ANd to think I paid $7.50 ship!

:lol2: I'm going to soak mine in hydrachloric acid overnight. That MIGHT get the tape off. :gone2far: :mrgreen:

Guest Anonymous

You have to drill new holes. Set the bar where you want it and mark where the holes need to be. Take the 3 nuts off the strut tower and drill the plate where you marked the holes. Then just bolt it down.

yeah, they just suck so bad cause you have to overhaul them every 60k, and it takes rocket science to change the timing belt!

Thats a joke...since I now have to state in my posts that I am joking because everything thinks im so damn serious all the time...suckers.

Uh Ben, you know it really offends me that you said timing belts take rocket science to change a timing belt because my moms brothers friends cousins doctors landscapers sister is a rocket scientist. Next time try to be a little bit more sensitive.

Yeah, im sorry. I should have realized that even a rocket scientist is too damn stoopid to do the 3.4 DOHC timing belt. Seriously, it must be the hardest damn thing in the world to do. I lost a finger just looking at the setup, I can't imagine what would happen if I EVER picked up a wrench.

You have to drill new holes. Set the bar where you want it and mark where the holes need to be. Take the 3 nuts off the strut tower and drill the plate where you marked the holes. Then just bolt it down.

I dont think you had this problem, seeing that you have the normal hood light. I have one of those retractable lights I want to install (the car never had one) I remember someone saying they had to move it...where is a good spot that it won't interfere with the bar?? Is it a matter of like an inch or does it have to be in a spot totally away from it?

I dont think you had this problem, seeing that you have the normal hood light. I have one of those retractable lights I want to install (the car never had one) I remember someone saying they had to move it...where is a good spot that it won't interfere with the bar?? Is it a matter of like an inch or does it have to be in a spot totally away from it?

Ouch! Glad I got the bolt-on bar in my Cutty. :)

Yep, that's the one!

You can kinda see it here:

underhood-990720.jpg

It's skinnier than the F-bar kit, but it's also much heavier because it's solid instead of hollow.

What would you like to know about the rear sway bar?

Do you have the addco rear or did you just stay with the stock? I wanted to know if the thicker bar has a stiffening effect beasides just cornering (like you have a stiffer spring IE wont bottom out, handles rear passengers without dragging its ass, etc) since I noticed that when I put the bigger solid front bar in. Thanks!