Having traction issues.

chadz34

I'm not sure what you want us to tell you??? Don't take it past 4k off the line :S

Get better tires if you want to try to help the problem. If you want me to tell you your LQ1 has amazing power....then I'll tell you. "Your LQ1 has amazing power and should only be driven when the roads and driving surface are hot and dry.

What do you mean don't take it past 4 grand off the line it hits 4 grand at like 50-60 km/h. So, the tires are breaking loose at 50-60 km/h on very lightly wet ground? After I did that, my tires have cracks in the tread now...? The LQ1 has good power, but why the fuck does it break loose when I'm going 50-60? And Jeff, just because your 3.1 can't sqeek the tires doesn't mean you have to lay on me about the LQ1. :wink: :lol:

Well my 3100 also goes 50-60 km/h before it shifts out of first, so somewhre between 4000-6000 RPM. But if you are driving normaly, you can get to 50 or 60km/h with no more than 2500-3000 RPM.

P.S. How hard is it for a 3100 to spin tires while it's raining and moving 90km/h, because I clearly remember doing so when I had the 205/70/15 Bridgestones when I first got the car. Moving 90km/h and then going WOT, it would spin them...

leave it to w-body.com members to brag about breaking tires loose on wet pavement.... :willynilly:

I'm not even trying brag, I'm trying to stop it. It's annoying. I'm gonna go outside in the minus 9 weather and take some fuckin' pics of my tires.

I'm gonna go outside in the minus 9 weather and take some fuckin' pics of my tires.

did you see my last post about having decent tread depth is NOT an indication of whether or not a tire is "good"

did you even look at the tires before you bought the car?

considering they bought a car with a misifie, and never looked at the timing belt, i'm gona say no.

that's a dirty hoodliner! (not sure what they're called.. lol)

No, It has pieces missing from it. Haha. I did look at the tires, but they have just gotten worse. I'm pretty sure when I lost traction and smoked em' to 7 grand it didn't help. They are horrible. They are Goodyear Eagle RS-A's.

did you even look at the tires before you bought the car?

considering they bought a car with a misifie, and never looked at the timing belt, i'm gona say no.

The misfire wasn't apparrant and with 92,000km on it I never even thought of timing belt, luckily it was replaced before I got it.

Um... the only way to "fix" your "problem" would be not rev the car past 3500 rpm while accelerating on anything but dry roads. While you're at it, put some decent tires on that thing for winter driving. A set of winter tires is a lot cheaper than fixing your smashed up car.

Um... the only way to "fix" your "problem" would be not rev the car past 3500 rpm while accelerating on anything but dry roads. While you're at it, put some decent tires on that thing for winter driving. A set of winter tires is a lot cheaper than fixing your smashed up car.

True, especially since I just read how under-inflated dry-rotted tires can actually come apart while driving, that may be a good idea. My one driver's front likes to go down on air a little bit.

My car will not grip if the ground has so much as overspray.

As is most any other car that has: Dry rotted tires that are in shitty condition AND you are getting on the throttle enough to get it up to 4000 rpm. In town, I let my car shift between 2500-3000 rpm. Anything more than that, your getting on it just a bit.

Anyways, LET THIS THREAD DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH!!!

My car will not grip if the ground has so much as overspray.

As is most any other car that has: Dry rotted tires that are in shitty condition AND you are getting on the throttle enough to get it up to 4000 rpm. In town, I let my car shift between 2500-3000 rpm. Anything more than that, your getting on it just a bit.

Anyways, LET THIS THREAD DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH!!!

:werd: Can we get a mod to lock this thread?