Will this STB kit fit any Gen I cars?

Grand Moff Joseph

I just now noticed that the above Ebay auction is for a STB kit that includes two bars, one of which I assume is for the rear. However, am I correct to assume that the rear bar will not fit in a Lumina?

it'll fit a 3800 and a 3.1/2.8 for sure

get the zzp brackets for a clean install

They won't work on a 88-96 GP, i know that one.

Shoulda gotten pics, but i sized everything up last week, i got some ZZP brackets in, borrowed a friends front GM STB, and it was pretty far off. You could probably make the brakets work, but more work than worth, and it raises it up pretty damn high. Might be good for the LQ1 guys to fuck with

it'll fit a 3800 and a 3.1/2.8 for sure

get the zzp brackets for a clean install

Shoulda gotten pics, but i sized everything up last week, i got some ZZP brackets in, borrowed a friends front GM STB, and it was pretty far off. You could probably make the brakets work, but more work than worth, and it raises it up pretty damn high. Might be good for the LQ1 guys to fuck with

uhh...they work just fine...i was kinda upset that i spent so much for the brackets and had to elongate the holes in the bar...but it works...

P1010027.JPG

BTW: thats NOT my car...BUT, i have one on mine...

That's what I thought too, but I know a number of people have stated that they had to mod the brackets to make the STB fit. Problem is, I don't know what type of cars they were all using... :bash:

The strut towers on every single car aren't going to line up the same way, so of course there's the possibility of them not matching up perfect.

For example: my vert STB went right on the Cutlass no problem. Dropped right on. The TGP took a little bit of playing to get it on, it didn't line up perfect. The STE... I had to try to bend the thing a little while playing with the nuts to keep it held down but still moveable. It seriously took me 45 minutes and a crowbar.

Yes, they do, and many people are using them just fine. Are you sure you even ordered the correct ones? They make different sets for both first and second gens, you know...

I just hate when people start spewing incorrect information on a topic that has been so widely covered... at least once a week :bash: