Whats wrong with your car?

Guest RedCutlassSL

Well, lets see, a couple of small paint nicks, the front drivers seat needs to be restuffed, but Im just gonna wait, til I find buckets and a center console, the carpet needs to be cleaned, which will happen this summer, the timing cover gasket is leaking a little, its just gonna leak, too much work, the valve cover gaskets are leaking just a little, those will get fixed this summer, when I do my rocker arms, the motor needs to be cleaned, will get done this summer, a couple of my hubcaps are slighty scratched, hopefully the junkyard can help me out there, if you call needing to run faster, then it has a problem, that will get helped this summer, with rockers, FFP chip and maybe an UD crank pulley. Well thats not much of a list compared to others, but oh well

Robby

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Drache Rott

• 91cutty

• godofthunder

• JS91Z34

Guest cutlass88er

oh come on, I'm nitpicking, half of my list is really trivial stuff that might take 20 minutes to fix. I just never have the time or the funds. Plus it really really runs great(nix the tranny). Plus it had it runs for it's first 4 years it was a granny car, then my uncle (then a bachleor, nuff said) took it, then in 98 it became the family car and in 2001 it became mine. So you can under stand where my car is coming from, and you gottah be surprised at how well it has held up.

It's always great to see other guys with newer cars that are already junked and having all types of problems. And my car is still running at it's factory mileage give or take .1MPG. I still feel extremely safe in my Olds, it's rock solid. We have extremely awsome cars, and aren't you all glad that if your cars have all these prob and over 186K they will still be running great(?nix Quad 4's more or less)

1989 Buick Regal GS 2.8

Problems: Paint is shot to hell, the car barely runs after this weekend, teh dash is pealing up, there is misisng/broken interior trim, i blew my aftermarket amp, have one bald tire, adn 181,000 HARD miles on the car.

No cd player

No keyless

Update: Keyless works... HAHA! Success! But, now I've got one hell of a clunk when I give the engine gas... back to the drawing board.

- RedFox340

(Said in a monotone, sarcastic way) - yaaaaay.

On the highway at 90 kph I took my foot off the gas before my secondary road. The car would usually coast a friggin' kilometer with barely a loss of 10 kph. This time, she coasted down to 50 kph in less than 500 meters. The driver-side front caliper is rubbing. I didn't even know it until now because she drives perfectly straight...so it's simply not retracting enough.

At any rate, now I have to replace the front end rotors and calipers. ...and I just bought new pads around last fall. At this point - I'm just going to scuff up and use the old (expensive) pads anyway and if they don't want to do the job, I'll replace them.

So much for the money I just set away for the timing job.

umm, after my intakes are put on and everything that moves alot is broken in, I'm gonna work on things that don't move as much (suspension) my paint is still as good as when I got it painted. I don't care about the interior since it will be gone/replaced when I am finished.

88' Cutlass Supreme SL

Like, close to if not 400,000 miles!

-Speedodmeter stopped working in Tennessee (I live in southern GA)

-I THINK the starter is going again

-McCollum Towing in Atlanta tore the body up (Deep dent in hood, driver side fender and door has been spreaded up at the jam were they meet, quarter panel dented, truck was ripped off. I'll post pics)

-Has stock rims

-The car studders while trying to drive it (still haven't figured that out!

-Needs tune up (just figured out how)

-Oil needs changing

-Wrong colour

-Backseat is torn out *See #3*

-One brake pad is, well, none existant on the driver's side rear tire

-Not fast enough!

Other than that I love my Cutty Boom Boom (named that because of it's system which is now out)

ok here goes:

-front rotors

-front struts

-broken grille -> getting one tomorrow

-leaky seal on sunroof

-no keyless entry ->working on it

-leaky intake gasket -> will be fixed next week

-clogged cat

-passenger visor broken -> getting one tomorrow

-driver's seat doesn't recline -> handle doesn't even pull up (any info on this would be nice!)

-cracked windshield (just happened)

-sunroof doesn't stop in closed position (Anyone know how to fix this?)

-small dent in front fender front previous owner

-upper strut bearings (BAD memory steer)

-minor rust

-fog lights

Stuff I already fixed:

-alternator

-smoking turn signal

-subframe bolts gave when I was driving and front subframe kinda fell out

-mufflers

-rear struts

-plugs wires thermostat fuel filter

The guy who owned the car before me must have driven the crap out of it cause this thing is falling apart! Surprisingly it still looks pretty damn good!

you had a smoking turn signal too? Isnt that the wierdest thing the first time it happens? It scared the crap out of me the first time it happened

not as scary as when the subframe bolts broke. Lost total control of the car because the steering column disengages from the rack. Thank God I was only in town and not out on the highway somewhere! Supposedly a common problem for W-body cars!

you had a smoking turn signal too? Isnt that the wierdest thing the first time it happens? It scared the crap out of me the first time it happened

not as scary as when the subframe bolts broke. Lost total control of the car because the steering column disengages from the rack. Thank God I was only in town and not out on the highway somewhere! Supposedly a common problem for W-body cars!

Man, yeah, the turn signal is nothing compared to that. Holy crap, Ive never heard of that

Robby

Guest Anonymous

My neighbor had the subframe problem this past summer. They got a letter from one of the GM dealer's in town for a recall on the front bolts. They took the car in and got it done. Two days later the rear bolts broke. The whole motor twisted into the passenger side wheel well. Twisted so hard the alt. exploded. Come to find out the dealer used mounts from a junkyard and charged them $220 for parts and labor! :shock: This was a recall. They shouldn't have been charged anything. Needless to say their lawyers have been in touch with GM.

poor washer design holds water and bolts just snap!! Anyway the turn signal thing was pretty wierd... I thought my whole column might burst into flames knowing GM.

My neighbor had the subframe problem this past summer. They got a letter from one of the GM dealer's in town for a recall on the front bolts. They took the car in and got it done. Two days later the rear bolts broke. The whole motor twisted into the passenger side wheel well. Twisted so hard the alt. exploded.

SH*T!!!!!

Geez..which car? These are the things that just need to be fixed:

99 GT:

Fix Dents

Fix Front Fascia Scratches

Replace Rear Fascia

Replace Rear Driver Side Fenderwell

Replace Drivers Side Door Panel

Fix tiny tear in Driver's seat

Replace Driver Side Ground Effect

Solder Joints On Hud

Re-Paint locks

Replace buffed out emblems

Replace Shifter Overlay

Replace Air Dam

Replace Headlamp Housing

90 LE:

Replace Hood

Replace Driver Door

Replace Passenger Side Fender

Replace Trunk Lid

Fix Dents

PAINT!

Refinish Wheels

Replace Passenger Side Window Track

90 TGP:

Fix HUD Dimmer

Fix Instrument Cluster

Replace Front Fascia

Replace Rear Fascia

Replace Hood

Replace 1 Rim

Replace Driver Side Fender

Replace Driver Door B4U Panel

Replace Wiper Motor Assembly

Replace Charcoal Canister Lines

Replace ALL window tracks

Replace rear window

Replace Carpeting

PAINT

And I'm sick of typing.....there's a lot of work to be done to them all...it never ends :shock: :( Don't get me started on my truck :oops:

I just spent $220 replaccing the bolts and mounts on my TGP. They were all shot. I'm glad to hear they're trying to rectify the problem..somewhat anyway :roll: And the smoking turn signal is a common problem on the W-Body cars. It seems to cause random electronic devices to die as well. :?

I had the smoking column, just clean and lube the signal switch and you're good to go. As for the subframe bolts, I keep getting recall noticed but I never took it in. My front washers have surface rust, rears are mint. I'd rather just replace the front washers myself than let some stealership touch it, free or not

• 1 month later...

STUPID POWER MASTER III :evil: :evil: it only stops when it feels it wants to.

ohya. wood trim busted, needs front struts, had the rears replaced recently with new tires put on.

Here are the list of things I need to have repaired/replaced, starting with the most important to the least important.

1. New tires all around (225/60R-16, probably Michelin X-One)

2. New struts/shocks all around (FE3, probably KYB GR-2)

3. Bodywork (slight surface rust on A-pillar, front fenders, hood)

4. New paint (entire vehicle requires refinishing)

5. Muffler (mine is leaking)

6. CD Player (no music at all in my car)

Our cars are young enough that they all have a list of problems. Mine is that shudder during right turns, the foglights don't work, and the tranny downshifting problem which is getting fixed on Monday. Whats your list?[/i]