hmm.. speaker placement?

THe_DeTAiL3R

I was thinking today about adding more speakers (yeah, it's probably crazy and unnessesary) and I got to thinking about the silly useless lights in the back. Hell, they don't even work properly. What about mounting a small (4" perhaps) speaker in them instead? Would it look stupid?

6749d8585ge.th.jpg

Might be okay if you had some 6x9 components you could put the tweeter in there maybe....I dunno if you put actual 4" speakers in there you probably won't do much for sound IMO....especially to front seat passengers - rear seat passengers may complain there's too much sound coming from one side (left or right ear will be up close and personal with the speaker) - if you back seat is anything like my umina there's shit all for head room haha

That is true. Plus I bought those 6x9 Infinity already which are 2-way, and theres no way I'm spending money on component for the back.

I guess I'll find out in a week or 2 when I get my speakers if it will be loud enough for me :lol:

Cool....well I'm pretty sure you'll like what you have already, btw - if you do replace those lights with speakers I'll buy the lights off you, haha.....fuckin' Luminas got NOTHING for options, especially on the interior, woot for one dim ass light in the roof, and some pointless map lights in the mirror

I wont bother with anything in the rear. If you have a sub, the only thing rear speakers are used for is rear fill. All of your sound should be fron up front with the subwoofer (sub stage) in the rear.

those lights are pretty gay...man looks like the CS made out again as the rear lights are actually pretty decent!
translation is "Man the CS wins again because it's rear reading lights are actually decent" at least thats what i think he said.

C-bad i don't think those pillars could even support the weight of a couple 4" speakers :?

They aren't paper... I'm sure they could support a small speaker. I've kinda thrown the idea out the window, I've got better things to spend my money on (like getting my damn windows tinted!)

I'd like to see what the Cutlass rear lights look like. The GP ones aren't that great but on that pic it kinda looks smaller than it really is..

6x9 components
No such thing there, sparky! :lol:

Leave the lights there, and as was mentioned earlier keep the 6X9's for "fill." You want to place the sound "stage" in the front of the car, so focus your efforts on getting the best sound that you possibly can up front.

Those aren't true component speakers, but are pretty close. I wouldn't want a set of "components" with mis-shapen woofers anyway. You get the best sound reproduction from "round" speakers :wink: ...