• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rshissler

• jeremy

• 1990lumina

• 92LuminaRS

cutlsp, its only illegal if you get caught.
:smilielol: :bonk: and its people with that attitude that think they won't get in car wrecks so they don't have insurance.....

it is illegal because it is known to cause car accidents

If installed FOLLOWING PROCEDURE, it shouldn't be functional when the vehicle is in drive (in gear)....I thought most if not all of them run off a feed that runs to the park/neutral switch, or just grounds the line when it is in park.????? something like that?

What in the world would a screen on the steering wheel be good for?

IMO nothing...I don't see what is so great about the rear cameras either....if you need a camera to back up you shouldn't be driving....but that's just my opinion

Window tint is too dark to see :cry: (I guess that is illegal too)

I got a perfect driving record. so go figure

i guess im just goin to get one of the high end Panasonices and wait for little to do the screen stuff if i really need to i can just get the visors instead or install one in the center section where the cd play is

it is illegal because it is known to cause car accidents

I am not sure if if it is "known" to cause accidents, but it is "believed" to cause accidents...hell the factory flip down screens in minivans that can be seen by the vehicles behind you are distracting too :shrug:

By law, it is illegal for the driver to be in view of a video source, besides for a navigation unit, while the vehicle is in motion.

Most places, if you have a dvd player installed in view of the driver, and you want it working while the vehicle is in motion, they charge you a good amount more, make you sign a paper saying that the business is not liable, and do not warranty the installation at all. It's a way to save there asses from big ass lawsuits.

Thats the only thing I would probably buy from Kenwood. those touch screen ones they had. I saw them in stores right after I got mine. the screen is a little smaller but touchscreen! sick! now if you had one of those with the ability to pull up gauges on the screen then you could be as cool as a Buick Regatta owner who has this technology. They came stock with touchscreens that are full diagnostic onboard interface hooked up to the ecm.

the fact that none were offered with turbo is the only reason this car is not the most desirable GM FWD coupe ever.

ok.. so eventually I think I'm going to make a car PC and just put the screen where the DIC is in the STE. Could probably still monitor half the stuff the DIC does with the right programs.. and I could completely eliminate the need for a headunit 8) (I'd probably just leave the stocker in so I'd have a radio available)

what all could u hook up to just a screen? besides a DVD player, game console. Becuase the thing he has was that Kenwood one and i cant use it i guess. So what else could i hook up to it?

what all could u hook up to just a screen? besides a DVD player, game console.

honestly that is all the I would want to hook up to one....just a dvd player, maybe a PS2...

install a palm pilot or something PC like to run tuning software. then you can have the screen say " DANGER MANIFOLD" . I heard you want to reinforce the passenger floor boards though before attempting this mod!

I heard you want to reinforce the passenger floor boards though before attempting this mod!

What?

Fast and the Furiuous......paul walker boosted the pos car with nos and blew the floor boards off the car

I heard you want to reinforce the passenger floor boards though before attempting this mod!

What?

How can you not know what he's talking about? :lol:

i luagh my ass off everytime i watch it and my g/f has no clue why. The one time we were flin down the interstate and out of no where she screams "OMG the floor board fell out". lol i almost wrecked from that

The one time we were flin down the interstate and out of no where she screams "OMG the floor board fell out". lol i almost wrecked from that

If I were driving a sunfire and someone screamed that I would think that they were serious!!!!

Found one what do u guys think?

CarPC M367 2.5" option on/off shutdown by ignition

- 1. Processor VIA C3 800MHZ

- 2. Memory 256MB DDR333

- 3. 2.5inch Hard Drive 20GB 5400RPM 2.5"

- 4. Multimedia storage (Slot loading) CDRW+DVD 3 in 1 combo drive

- Operating software none

- Power supply 60 Watt DC 12V and AC 110V power adapter

- Special Upgrades none

- Color Silver

- Keyboard Mini LG-573 wireless IR Keyboard With Built-In Track Ball (Black

- Mobile LCD monitor none

- Mouse none

- Office Software none

- Warranty 1 year parts and Labor.

$627.00

Then i can hook up this thing that hooks into ur cars computer and tells u everything ur car is gettin from the engine. Sounds like a cool as setup to me.