• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rshissler

• jeremy

• 1990lumina

• 92LuminaRS

I doubt you'll find one on ebay even that cheap - unless it's broken that is.

Those H/Us are expensive here...I personally would't cheap out on one either....get the best quality LCD possible.

I used to have a Kenwood in-dash flip-out tv/dvd player in my Malibu. It was pretty nice while I had it. I'm prolly not going to get one for the GP (yeah right...that will prolly change). I was thinking about doing a flip-down tv from the ceiling like in between the sunroof and my rear-view mirror, anybody think it would fit???

I agree with you there Gnat. A guy I work with has a Honda Civic and his is a Double-Din opening. He doesn't have a TV in it but I think it would look so clean if all you saw was a screen. I'd like to do that to my car...eventually....just not sure how to do all the modifications.

i want one so that i can get this program my buddy got for his that u can veiw gauges and real time specs for your car on it. i would fiber glass a screen in there but then i woulde have to buy a new HU and move it to where my HVAC controls are and move then else where. Alot of work

he has a flip out dvd/cd/mp3/everything player that has a port for a car pc type thinger that runs programs through the screen. Fast and the Faggest shit right there but i think its better then runnin a piler pod.

I've heard of those. Pioneer has one that does all of that stuff. It tells you your speed, how much fuel you have, engine RPM's and a whole lot of other stuff about your engine. It's a pretty sweet set-up but I think it will prolly clean a wallet out for it.....lol

Guest Anonymous

There were a few 1.5 din naviagtion/DVD screens made in the mid-late 90's.... IIRC they were in dodge/chryster/jeep. I saw them on ebay before. I'm not sure what it would take to get one to work, though. Personally, i think those flip-out screens are incredibly tacky.

But for people with an older GP and the DIC, i bet you could remove the DIC, add a smaller LCD screen hooked up to dvd/navigation/whatever you want, and have it took totally stock. I wanted to do that as a rear-center console idea.

• 2 weeks later...

I got one for $ 800 like 3-4 years ago (used) and suprised to see they havent come down since then. I wish it had a dvd player in it but I had to buy that seperate. It has auto light dimmer which is cool. next I am putting a steering wheel screen in place of the stock button pad. and rear view camera. 8)

Hey, check out parts express if you want to hook up with the GOOD deals on screens!

What in the world would a screen on the steering wheel be good for?

IMO nothing...I don't see what is so great about the rear cameras either....if you need a camera to back up you shouldn't be driving....but that's just my opinion

well if u have a big ass SUV then i can see why the camera would help you. Or if u have a truck with a topper on it then u wont back into other ppls cars (i got backed into today by a guy with one)

even removed the DIC in favor or a screen there....
:shock: i'm not even touching that.......

Anyways its illegal to have a video screen in the driver's vision range while the vehicle is moving.....