Valentine's Day gift question..

MonteCarloChick

Ok so I just got surprised today with an early Valentine's Day gift from my boyfriend. :kiss: He got me the following:

JVC KD-G320 CD player with MP3/WMA playback

h257KDG320-f_mt.jpeg

Audiobahn AS50Q 5-1/4" 2-way car speakers

h037AS50Q.jpeg

Audiobahn AS96Q 6"x9" 2-way car speakers

h037AS96Q.jpeg

I'd like to know where in the car are good places to mount the tweeters..

I'm not going to comment on the speakers.

But as for tweeter location, it's really up to you. I have mine molded into the a-pillar, and they still swivel for imaging issues. You can put them in the door panels along with the speaker as well.

Audiobahn isn't terrible. Some people I know like their stuff and it sounds good too. Personally I prefer Pioneer, but that's just me. I liked my JVC HU i had in my old truck a few years ago, it was great paired with all my kenwood speakers. It should be good with those speakers if you adjust the equalizer properly. I'd say that's a nice gift. :shrug:

No, not really a dick like comment. I just don't really care for Audiobahn. Hell, even Jay can attest to this. But, they will be far superior sounding than stock, especially with the removable tweeter.

The deck will be pretty cool though. I have a little bit of a higher end JVC, no problems here. And, I've sold many of the lowest of the low end JVC's, and hardly see them coming back. You have a middle of the line one, should work pretty good for ya.

This going in the Monte or the G-body?

No, not really a dick like comment. I just don't really care for Audiobahn. Hell, even Jay can attest to this. But, they will be far superior sounding than stock, especially with the removable tweeter.

The deck will be pretty cool though. I have a little bit of a higher end JVC, no problems here. And, I've sold many of the lowest of the low end JVC's, and hardly see them coming back. You have a middle of the line one, should work pretty good for ya.

This going in the Monte or the G-body?

They're both Montes :wink: and it's going in my '96

The '86 is getting my stock CD player and speakers

And sorry about the dick comment, I'm just so used to people shitting on whatever I get or do it bugs the piss out of me. :?

And sorry about the dick comment, I'm just so used to people shitting on whatever I get or do it bugs the piss out of me. :?

No, it's alright. I'm just not a fan of some brands.

my buddy bought those audiobahn immortal series 10s and he got the 2300hct amp ("2300rms")

they are overrated or so it seems, and my buddys sony explods sounded cleaner. the audiobahns sound like farting because they reach full excursion real quick and just go BWAAAAP BWAAAAP LOL and thats in a sealed enclosure as well.

its a sad day when sony beats another company

i have not heard the audiobahn speakers, so i cannot shit on those.

at least some of their stuff looks neat.

good luck with your new toys, hope you have fun with them

We installed everything Saturday and it sounds awesome. Now I just have to figure out all the functions on the headunit :lol:

Oh and I'm not a hardcore audio person looking for the "boom boom". It's just nice to have something other than stock (had the stock CASSETTE player in before).

First off the best place to mount tweeters is on your dash where there windshield meets the dash. The souns quality is amazing. secondly to complete your system you should buy my amp, audiobahn subwoofers, and cap. it is listed under the for sale page.