Car stalling

Bake82

I have an 88 cutlass with the 2.8 in it and recently in my drive way it has stalled. It's been weird because it seems to happen when i start it up and put it in gear quickly. Would that be why it has stalled a few times? Or do you think there could be something wrong. I had a tune up done in the fall, not exactly sure what all was changed but i know the plugs, wires and injectors were flushed and i imagine more was onde as it was a $400 bill. Anyways, any help would be much appreciated! thanks in advance

Kyle

Does the car kick really hard when it stalls, or does it die slowly? :? :)

well it just kind of dies, like i go to put my foot on the gas and there is nothing and all the warning lights are on. but like I can't tell it's stalled until I see the lights on.

Does it ever stall when you are actully driving or just when you are leaving youre drive way? How often has it been stalling my car went through a little spell this winter where it would stall every time I took my foot off the gas. At any where from 0-65 mph, when my car is having problems I like to start with the basic's for me it was bad gas and freezing temps a bottle of dry gas fixed it right up. I know last summer when I had my throttle body/injectors cleaned by Monroe Muffler using their castle fireball system I belive. My car started like crap for awhile, some chemicals can do damage to the fuel system and injectors.

Dunno whether this is whats wrong with your car or not but my big brother is a mechanic and he said that on our cars that there is a sensor that works our lock up torque converter and when they go bad that it will cause the car to die when you put into gear or will cause the car to idle ruff while in gear setting at a red light .He said that the quick fix is to un plug it ,but your lock up torque converter will no longer work. But you can still drive the car.The sensor is located under your air box on your tranny . Several of his custmers choose to do that as aposed to the expensive repair .

Does it ever stall when you are actully driving or just when you are leaving youre drive way? How often has it been stalling...

It's just when I'm leaving to drive. It has never stalled any other times other than this... It's done this for a little while, and I thought I had gotten it fixed when they did the tune up, but it did it a again lately, so I thought i'd ask around here. thanks for the input guys