The random stalling thing

Prospeeder

Ok so what exactly causes the random stalling at stops, it happend to me once today and yesterday and is starting to bother me, its an *almost* every day thing, Will Jeff Ms chip solve this, is it like a computer issue? Or like Altenator/battery issure or what? How can I solve it?

Well not sure what Jeff did exactly in his chips...but upping the idle steps in the chip slightly or just adding AZRC code will kill most of the issue as long as there is nothing else wrong with the car.

There is a lot of people here that have no idea what it takes to be fast, and never experienced what its like to own and enjoy a TGP for lack of tuning knowledge. this section is dedicated to you, so treat it like you treat your car, garbage, or like me; the best ever.

There is a lot of people here that have no idea what it takes to be fast, and never experienced what its like to own and enjoy a TGP for lack of tuning knowledge. this section is dedicated to you, so treat it like you treat your car, garbage, or like me; the best ever.

Sounds like someone's being a dick to me. Please don't. Thanks. :thumbsup:

you think I am a Dick? Why dont I care?

you think I am a Dick?

I think you are being a dick. I didn't call you a dick.

You're making unsubstantiated, and irrelevant claims about someone's treatment of a car. Being elitist, superiority complex, call it what you will, but I think you're being a dick. Please stop. Thanks. :thumbsup:

what are you talking about? :think:
See, there are people who are interested what I say. others negative input is not needed. try to make it constructive, leave out all ignorance please.

Guest TurboSedan
See, there are people who are interested what I say. others negative input is not needed. try to make it constructive, leave out all ignorance please.

i'm not being negative i just didn't understand your post. seemed to come out of left field.

i agree with John....enough with the superiority complex Garrett Powered.

Y'know what, how about I just give you a few days to think about how you could have been more constructive yourself.

I REALLY hope your not aiming that at me, I dont treat my car like garbage, Just because i dont have a ton of money to throw at it right now doesnt mean i treat it badly, Jeff M Xover and Chip were things i was definatly going to do as soon as I have the money for The Pipe, and a turbo rebuild scince the turbo has to come out anyway. I hoenstly dont care if my cars super fast right now, Jeff M chip is as fast as ill care to go being this is a daily driver from now through colledge.

Prospeeder, if you mail me a couple buck for shipping I'll mail you a AZRC coded chip with a raised idle and any other changes you would like for free of charge. :P

I sent you a PM with some questions about this

When was the last time you cleaned out the throttle body and the idle air control valve?

If that's gummed up at all it can cause stalling, hard starting, rough or inconsistant idle speed.

When was the last time you cleaned out the throttle body and the idle air control valve?

If that's gummed up at all it can cause stalling, hard starting, rough or inconsistant idle speed.

sounds like all my problems actually, Its hard starting, rough and inconsistant idle

easy check, push the gas pedal down a little bit and try to start it. If it starts right up with no hesitation then it is either gummed up or going bad.

Are you familier with the idle air control valve (IAC) and where it is?

easy check, push the gas pedal down a little bit and try to start it. If it starts right up with no hesitation then it is either gummed up or going bad.

Are you familier with the idle air control valve (IAC) and where it is?

made no difference, its usually super super easy instant start when its cold, but when its warm or hot it takes alot longer to start

Guest TurboSedan

whatever the problem is, try to fix it with as little money as possible first. i'm not trying to sound cheap at all BUT it could very well be something like the IAC like joberlee mentioned. don't just throw money at a new crossover pipe and chip and hope for the best. not saying you don't need a new crossover pipe at all! (because you VERY likely DO need one if you still have the stocker) just saying that might not be the problem.