Wastegate Sollinoid?

RedZMonte

is the wastegate sollinoid the black thing in the pic?

Kevin%20TGP%20engine%20bay3%20smaller.jpg

What would happen if you put a "Bleeder T" in the vaccume line w/ the sullinoid?

you can see the vaccume line here:

turbo1_s.jpg

i know with most gates, it will bleed off some boost and will up your boost, any of you guys try that. ~1.5psi increase on Turbo honda's and DSM's.

RedZ

I've used the "Grainger" valve before. That helps build boost much faster than a factory stock chip.

But I feel that since the chip can be modified to build boost fast enough (whether a Jeff M chip or otherwise) there is really no need to use anything else. I think it's better to have the ECM in complete control of boost anyhow.

But I have seen the bleeder mods the other turbo guys do. I think the "grainger" valve works very good (instead of a typical bleed), and the boost is always controlled accurately.

Jason

I've used the "Grainger" valve before. That helps build boost much faster than a factory stock chip.

But I feel that since the chip can be modified to build boost fast enough (whether a Jeff M chip or otherwise) there is really no need to use anything else. I think it's better to have the ECM in complete control of boost anyhow.

But I have seen the bleeder mods the other turbo guys do. I think the "grainger" valve works very good (instead of a typical bleed), and the boost is always controlled accurately.

Jason

Just a thought for some of the poor guys out there :) or even this:

Manual boost controler

gatedbcvpic.jpg

I just ordered my wastegate solinoid, thankfully thats not discontinued also, heh heh. I was looking through the differ TGP parts at the dealer and all the other stuff i wanted was discontiued :(

I do a lot of dealings with a dealer on TGP parts, back a while ago he told me parts where starting to be discontinued, so even though I was strapped for time, I still had a commitment to the TGP community so, spend 3 months detailing out all the TGP and TSTE parts that one would need to fix and keep running all the most common items from engine parts to weatherstripping to body parts etc, enough to fill 15 excel spreadsheets, and over $50K worth of my wife’s savings, all to make sure till the day I die, I will have parts to help owners in keeping these fine automobiles running and the owner able to enjoy his/her ride. I still am swamped with a lot of projects but will be putting up the lists of parts on my web site with what I was able to get (all items were inspected before being inventoried, and any part not the best it could be, was returned and replaced) but for now I have strongly hesitated to release this info as I do not have time for a ton of emails on parts and getting them out right now, later but for now need to get a lot of work done on other projects. So, be hopeful that someone saved all these parts before they were put in the crusher and gone for ever!!!

Jeff M.