Hood Vent question

birdman

i alawys there was no sunk in area in the hood for them to sit into, i alawys thought they were like top mount on a flat hood. not sure but i hope they dont sit into the hood.

the hood has a recessed area for the vents. It'd cost 3x as much to try to make your hood into a z hood and make it look good, as it would to get a jy hood, or a new one like i did. GTP vents sit on the hood, z vents are flat.

no i dind't attmept it, but if you look at a Z hood without the vents in it you can see how it is stamped and has a flange on it. If you attempt it, try it on a hood that you won't mind throwing out. The vents sit on the flange, then there are little "studs" for the drip trays to be connected to.

Go look for one in the JY and study it

what if i were to fiberglass them in??? :naughty: because ive only seen one z in the yard ever and it was smashed in the front. for some reason there impossible to find around here. at leats in good condition. just an idea.

do you know how to fiberglass? And still i don't know how'd you fiberglass them in and make it look decent. Save yourself the headache and the cost of someone fixing the mess you'll make and buy a new/aftermarket Z hood

Best to grab the hood as Jay is sayin..

I thres around the idea of just cutting my hood in the prestamped locations.. Then I was told locally the costs to do such a thing and I found them ridiculous.. So I oicked up a Z34 hood in silver for 26 bucks and it is now waitin to go on the car 8)

Another outfit to try is CertiFit.. I THINK they have a Z34 hood..

there are plenty of them around here. I can grab you a mint cond one for about $50 from the jy. U just gotta come get it

very tempting, when i get the car running right ill make a trip down if i havent found anything.