where to get bleeder screws

stockgp

dealers can only give them to me if i buy wheel cylinders.

the three chain parts stores in town are the same, and the one independent store only has sae fittings.

how the fuck am i supposed to get new ones?

I have seen them in SAE and Metric at Carquest.

I believe they are in the HELP section actually. You may need to bring in one good one to get the correct size, they don't have an application book to look it up at.

EDIT:

On second thought, you may consider just replacing the wheel cylinder. A bleeder screw will probably run about $4 or so, whereas a new wheel cylinder will run about $12-15. Espcially if you can't find the bleeder screw this may be the only solution.

hmm. i figured wheel cylinders would be more. id didn't even bother asking :lol: .

anyhow, my brother called a guy he knew at one of the parts stores i called and now they've decided they have them :roll:

Yeah, at Carquest they have premium and cheap wheel cylinders. Cheap ones are around $15. Expensive ones are like $35!

Get cheap ones, they are so simple, I'd never pay more than $20 for one.

Ever think about getting the speed-bleeders? They help you bleed the air out of the calipers without allowing air back inside.This is a popular mod to people who race their cars alot and or do their brakes at home alot and need something that wont allow air to get back in the caliper.

Just a thought.

:)

you could try an easy out........ or just replace the cliper or wheel cylinder!

I actually will coat the upper thread of the bleeder with antisieze. it it's handy or problematic. enough to prevent waer from trickingintino the threads, but without contaminating the fluid.