Tires? 215/60's, 225/60's or 245/50's

Jeorge

I Know My Car came with 215/60's I also know the next year they went to a 225/60

and I also know that the TGP's have 245/50's

I am getting new tires with in the week Probably on Tues.

and I want to know If anyone has gone to a 245 on there ste???

of it they are worth the extra $$

Don't forget, the TGPs have 8 inch wide wheels, and the TSTEs have 6.5 inch wide wheels. I'm not sure that a 245 wide tire will work on a 6.5 inch wheel. If it does, I'd think it would look funny...

Jason

I would go with a 225/60 series tire just because they are a reasonably priced tire(depending on manufacturer) and they came on just about anything. In other words, That is a very common size. :) :)

Guest fatguy

Jeorge,

I had 245/60's on my TSTE but changed the fronts back to 225 for the winter. They fit great, but do rub slightly on the drivers side when I turn just right.

Good luck

225 is the standard size on most 6.5" wheels, new gp's, intrigues, impala's, etc. I wouldn't call it pushing it. 235 is pushing it, if anything 235's are probably more of a hassle than it's worth (rubbing, flexing in turns I guess)

I got 215/65/HR15s on my factory steel wheels, either 6 or 6.5" wide and it handles alot better than it with the stock tires. I have driven cars with like 245s on their 6.5 or 7" wide rims and they hanlde a whole better than the stock "skinnies" for lack of a better word.

Robby

I got 215/65/HR15s on my factory steel wheels, either 6 or 6.5" wide and it handles alot better than it with the stock tires. I have driven cars with like 245s on their 6.5 or 7" wide rims and they hanlde a whole better than the stock "skinnies" for lack of a better word.

Robby

Was your stock 205-70-15? That's what I had, when I switched to 215-65 handling and overall driveability improved, but that was probably due to the smaller sidewall height

yeah I had the 205/70/15s. These new ones I got are directional too, and H speed rated, so its a little softer rubber, and of course the side wall height is shorter too, so they really did help handling. Plus, they look better, the sidewalls and the tread pattern too, I like the look of directional tires.

Robby

well I went and ordered my tires and Struts from TireRack.com

I went with 225/60/16 H rated Tires {KUM-HOE} kumho 716's. saved my self about $40 going with the smaller tires.

I also got a set of KYB GR2 struts all the way around. Hopefully they will be here on thusday so I can install them this weekend.

Hey, how do those look on the car? I feel the front tires stick way out behind the front bumper as it is.... hard to explain, from the side and a bit behind the door, all you see is tire. and no front clip. Even on more conservative tire sizes. I would assume with 235's it would look like you have no front end. Anyway, was just wondering how well they lookon the car. Anyone have pics of 235's in the wheel wells?

45/16's = 4 X 4 look. You are gonna need to drop it or it will look funny. I got 235 45 17's and they are smaller than my 245-50-16's. Its not real bad but I don't like wheel gap so its ST springs for me. :wink: