lowering the rear

bigdman

Talk to this guy, George at http://www.flex-a-form.com. I he can make you a mono leaf that will lower the car. I run one and it sits like 1.5'' lower. I also have an extra one that sat even lower. The one I have is actually a modified 1967 Corvette mono leaf spring.

I wasted $300 to buy one from George to put in my 89, and my car's ass end sits higher than the factory spring on my 94 convertible.

How does one modify a 1967 Corvette monoleaf to fit, and how much lower is it?

Hey gnat, how low is the rear of your car. I lowered the front with intrax and only lowered about 1.5-2". I was looking to get the same out of the rear. I'm not looking to lay frame. I just want something that doesn't look like a 4x4 and has a lower cg for handling purposes. Did your rear drop match the front? It seems like lowering 1.5" would be pretty close to even. I saw in previous posts that you've said the gas charge from the kyb's might have contributed to the addition height. I will also be installing gr-2's with my leaf. Should I expect less of a drop?

Thanks,

Jon

Gnat, Mine doesn't seem as low as yours up front. It seems as though my front isn't nearly as low as yours is.

Luminal67. I am interested in the modified 67 vette leaf. How did you get this and how is it modified? How much drop too?

Thanks,

Jon

hey luminal67, are you running the monoleaf that you can currently buy from george? If I were to call and order one, would I have to specify anything in particular, spring rates, distances, etc, or just tell him it's a w-body? I'm looking for around a 1.5-2" drop, just want to make sure i get it, and still a stiff suspension. Thanks

Yea i am currently using the Flex-A-Form spring. I would just tell him it's for a w-body, thats what i did. See if he remembers my car and tell him you want the one i have. I drive a silver lumina 4-door. the first spring i bought had the same problem as GnatGoSplat. So i ended up working with him to find the right ride height. I actually have a total of four of his springs.

Luminal67. I am interested in the modified 67 vette leaf. How did you get this and how is it modified? How much drop too?

he made the vette one wider in the middle and it doesn't have holes in the ends for the vette's mounts.

Wow, how did you get him to work with you?

I complained about my spring... got no response. I was plenty polite about it too. When I had questions about where to send the money, I got a reply every time.

I'm not sure how i got him to work with me. I just kept calling. i't might be due to the fact that my grandparents live in the same town or that he used to live up in cleveland near me.

I guess that's the problem. I never called him since I'm not a phone person. In fact, I downright hate talking on the phone. I guess it's easier to ignore email than a phone call though.