wheels

ExZion

I was wondering because as we all know the steering radius on a CS sucks and i need every bit off it to get up my drive way.... So if i get 17 inch wheels and a lower profile tire i should be ok?

:?:

You won't lose any steering radius or have to recalibrate speedo, nor should they rub.

235/50R17 will definitely fit without any kind of rubbing. The diameter is close enough to stock, the wheel gap won't look too bad.

I was wondering because as we all know the steering radius on a CS sucks

I don't know about your car, but my steering radius certainly doesn't suck..

And on the note of the "extra stress" it's already been proven that coilovers don't hurt the car whatsoever, and the rear strut mount points are more than strong enough to support CO's.

Yeah, the steering radius is actually on par with any other midsize car of similar wheelbase. If he's a younger guy, maybe he's used to compact cars. :shrug:

And on the note of the "extra stress" it's already been proven that coilovers don't hurt the car whatsoever, and the rear strut mount points are more than strong enough to support CO's.

Actually, it has neither been proven nor disproven.

All we have is a lack of any observable evidence that coilovers cause problems. No one's actually proved anything one way or another.

Yeah, the steering radius is actually on par with any other midsize car of similar wheelbase. If he's a younger guy, maybe he's used to compact cars. :shrug:

Yeah, I definitely noticed going from my cavalier to the cutty, the turn radius is horrible in comparison, but you get used to it (took me like 2 years :lol: )

I was wondering because as we all know the steering radius on a CS sucks

I don't know about your car, but my steering radius certainly doesn't suck...

mine doesnt either??

just make sure you get the wheels that wont rub on your calipers, etc

That's what I was thinking.

i am 16 and usta driveing my moms trailblazer where i can turn around on the street easy instead with my Cutty i have to do a k turn.....

the w-bodies really aren't that bad ....but they do take a little getting used to...

FWIW : if you are considering spending the $ for rims I really wouldn't get anything smaller the 18" for a w-body

Stick with a +38mm offset and you should be golden. In case you didn't know, the bolt pattern on our cars is 5 X 115.

Getting back to the "rubbing" question, I have 235/50/17's mounted on Eagle 192's (with a +38mm offset) on my Regal and I have no rubbing whatsoever. I went with the 235/50 tire, since it caused the least amount of speedometer error when "plus sizing" from the stock 205/70/15's.

Check out: http://www.paspeedo.com/calculator.htm ...

Guest TurboSedan

i noticed that my '94 Bonneville SSE seemed to have a much smaller turning radius compared to my Cutlass. U-turns were really easy with the SSE.

i noticed that my '94 Bonneville SSE seemed to have a much smaller turning radius compared to my Cutlass. U-turns were really easy with the SSE.

I have seen the bonneville balljoints, they stick out from the control arm offering more free moving space. I believe this gives them the advantage in the turning radius blame game.

Yeah, I don't think my Lumina has the greatest turning radius either, but it's good enough. I can pull a U turn in front of my house if I drive up on the sideway right beside the grass, crank it hard against the lock, and it will just pass the neighbor's fence. Our street is wide enough to have two semi trailers park on both sides and another semi driver in between.

Everything else in my family minus the Suburban can turn a lot more sharper.

Well i am near gettysburg and the 5 spokes are immaculate but they have brand new BFG rubber and i think i would keep them as my winter wheels.....

keeping winter wheels is always a good idea.....and as for rim choices, i would say get something original....077s do look good, but I would go in a different direction just for originality's sake.....18" minimum...

Well i am near gettysburg and the 5 spokes are immaculate but they have brand new BFG rubber and i think i would keep them as my winter wheels.....

keeping winter wheels is always a good idea.....and as for rim choices, i would say get something original....077s do look good, but I would go in a different direction just for originality's sake.....18" minimum...

I agree with Jeremy here.

I agree with Jeremy here.

Unfortunately I do aswell :(