BIGGEST PIECE OF SHIT GRAND PRIX EVER

Guest Anonymous

Ross, sounds like you have a love/hate relationship with your car. Keep in mind that it's 13+ years old, and that shit's gonna happen. You just gotta keep your cool. Getting all worked up and breaking and denting shit doesn't accomplish anything. It looks to me like you kinda like your car, judging by the money and effort invested in it. New cars may have a warranty, but most have little to no character, and none are flawless. Every car is bound to have its problems. You just gotta take it in stride.

As for these car being worth anything, that depends on how much you are attached to your car. I bet a lot of our cars would be in the junkyard, if a major repair came up, and you looked at it from a "repair cost" vs. "car's value" position. It's only worth what someone will pay for it. Thats the bottom line.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeremy

• THe_DeTAiL3R

• Prospeeder

• Euro

Top Posters In This Topic

New cars may have a warranty, but most have little to no character, and none are flawless. Every car is bound to have its problems. You just gotta take it in stride.

May I add... if you break the door handles off a new car and kick a dent, the dent is not covered under warranty. ;)

I see no dent but I see a shitload of posts. My guess is there is no dent. Not only that, but I don't want to read anymore posts about you doing improvements to your car. Ross if "it's getting old" and "it's a piece of junk"... Get rid of it. If it's so old and only sits at a train station and gives you all these hard times and it's such a pile then get a freakin Geo Metro and let that rot at the train station. Ya know, SOME of us that can't afford cool G body's or stuff like that. So when we see a more RARE W's like what you have and think "hey cool"...then you say it's a beater, it really pisses me off.

I have a bunch of cars, and I think that the W's are okay for what they are. Yes, they probably won't be worth shit EVER, not the base models anyways...but rare cars such as an RPE or a TGP then yeah..there's potential.

So let's recap the summary of my post:

1. If you are going to be a dink about owning this car, get rid of it

2. W's probably won't be worth shit in the future, but so what SOME people will still have a desire for them if they can't get their hands on anything else.

doors freezing shut is why i treat all of my door gaskets/weatherseal with silicone grease

(I used to have a tube of gumi-phlem - (or something close to that name) from a BMW dealership that conditioned the rubber and coats it with silicone to keep it from freezing to the car-ever try to open a frozen 745i door?!? :bash: )

just think you wouldnt have these problems if GM had decided to stick an ugly drip rail acrost the roof/door line... :lol:

good luck man ii hope you dont junk it....remember 75 Nova's were considered garbage...till recently now even their value is rising :wink:

Ross, sounds like you have a love/hate relationship with your car. Keep in mind that it's 13+ years old, and that shit's gonna happen. You just gotta keep your cool. Getting all worked up and breaking and denting shit doesn't accomplish anything. It looks to me like you kinda like your car, judging by the money and effort invested in it. New cars may have a warranty, but most have little to no character, and none are flawless. Every car is bound to have its problems. You just gotta take it in stride.

As for these car being worth anything, that depends on how much you are attached to your car. I bet a lot of our cars would be in the junkyard, if a major repair came up, and you looked at it from a "repair cost" vs. "car's value" position. It's only worth what someone will pay for it. Thats the bottom line.

Nicely put. However, the only value these cars will have is the people that find them unique. Which isn't much. Overall, the GP's, Lumina's and Cutlass will only ring in big bucks for the people that have always wanted one and find one years down the road in good shape, I could see the owner getting a good buck.

Hairspray also helps open frozen doors. This happened to me after I washe dthe dang thing, then we had a freak overnight freeze.

As for dents...well, my father loves The Ding King. He's an Advance employee, though, and I think there must be crack in his Advance hatband.

Hairspray also helps open frozen doors. This happened to me after I washe dthe dang thing, then we had a freak overnight freeze.

As for dents...well, my father loves The Ding King. He's an Advance employee, though, and I think there must be crack in his Advance hatband.

Hairspray? That's weird, I wouldn't want people's hands to smell like Herbal Essences after they open my door.

I read the whole thing, and I know I am not supposed to do any name calling,(some people might be "Offended") but I am biting my tounge right now.Mayby I have become intolerant to bitching?..... I mean if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....you know the rest.

Look it doesn't sound like your a victim of your car, it sounds like your car is a victim of YOU. It's old... YOU have to take care of it.

It sounds like (to me) , if you do get rid of it, you will be happier. Sell it to a fellow forum member, someone who will appreciate it and know how to take car of it. Then we will have 2 happy people instead of 1 thats pissed.

And the next time you want to gripe about something that broke, make sure your not the cause of it. No you will not get any sympathy from me. It looks to me like you caused your own issues.

It looks to me like you caused your own issues.

werd.

1'st go grab a few gallons of warm water and poor it around the door to melt some of the ice away, then open the door before it freezes again.

2'nd, typically when it is really cold out car bateries die.

sounds more like you being ignorent than a POS car. i think if you left a brand new bently outside and it rained or snowed and it was really cold it's doors would freeze shut, and i bet if the batt. was in bad shape it would have died

sounds more like you being ignorent than a POS car. i think if you left a brand new bently outside and it rained or snowed and it was really cold it's doors would freeze shut, and i bet if the batt. was in bad shape it would have died

I'm starting to like the n00b already......

Guest Anonymous

1. Ignorant

2. The car is a POS.

3. The battery is new.

Guess what? New batteries can lose their charge!! WOW!~! Especially if you don't drive very far, and if the car sits for long, it can drain your batt pretty quick.

my idiot friend got W-body door handle 099 then the following 112 and 115 classes when he snapped the passenger handle on the regal off, 2 seconds later, the linkage in mine broke. thankfully the sunroof was open.

needless to say his first words when he saw the GTP were: "okay, i remember this... pull handle just to unlatch door, then pull the top of the door" i said correct. then he just duke-boys'd his way in, windows were down. :lol:

random thought over.

Guest Anonymous
<----- not home, wont be for a few weeks.

How cosmopolitan.

Very, i'm currently at my residence in the Upper West Side and the GP is in the NJT parking lot.