Another Sirius question....

jeremy

...how difficult are the installs for these setups? does anyone have any install pics and/or pics of where the antenna is mounted?

What is required for activation? credit card required, I assume? Do they send you a bill that you can physically pay or just charge the card every month?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Antenna needs to go on the roof on the vehicle. I forget what type of car you have anymore, but installation shouldn't take more than 1 hour (did my old roommates 99' Cougar in a parking lot with 25* weather in 30 minutes).

Power through the cig. lighter, unless you want to hard wire it into your ignition.

I'd condsider finding a way to directly connecting it to your radio, as the wireless FM modulators suck.

Call up Sirius, give them your info, and CC, or you can have it billed to you.

There is an activation fee.

Guest Anonymous

They bill you automatically through your credit card each month.

My antenna is installed in the front on the roof just infront of the windsheild. They ran the cable under all the weather stripping. Mine is hardwired, theres no sense in using the cigarette lighter, so it comes on with the radio. I had mine installed, which i wisdh i didnt becuase it is so insanely easy.

I'll get pics of my setup asap.

FWIW: if you don't want the antenna on top of your car, you can mount it in your rear deck...i put a piece of velcro on the antenna and it sticks to the rear deck carpet nicely...signal is just as good as my friends 300m who has his antenna on his roof... 8)

FWIW: if you don't want the antenna on top of your car, you can mount it in your rear deck...i put a piece of velcro on the antenna and it sticks to the rear deck carpet nicely...signal is just as good as my friends 300m who has his antenna on his roof... 8)

:werd:

This is what I did as well, works perfect

I agree with hard wiring though, FM modulation blows

And you can activate online with no activation fee I thought?

I got mine mounted on the front of my trunk near the rear window and running throught the trunk and along with my amp wires on the driver's side under the carpet. I get no interferance or cutting out with it on my trunk lid. I'll take pics when it stops snowing out.

no offense but holy shit your car is dirty!

No offence taken. But in the dead of winter in buffalo, keeping a car's inside and out clean is a losing battle. I wash it maybe twice during the winter.

Well I installed it in the Spyder this afternoon....only took about 25 minutes or so and things came out great. I decided to mount the antenna in the dashboard, replacing the center speaker for the stereo system that I had just blown out.

the whole in the middle of the dash just to the right of the white box is where the antenna was mounted, there is a speaker/clock pod cover that goes over it.....the signal comes through great even with the antenna in the dash with a speaker grill over it

I borrowed the idea and the pic from another 3G member....I didn't take pics of my install, but I am considering taking it apart for pics just because it was so easy to do and looked so good

sirius.jpg