Door is JAMMED!!! HELP...

TheCutt

Well i was working on my 92 cutlass supreme convertable the other day and i was adjusting the little rod that connects to the handle because the door was not disconnecting fully when the handle was pulled. After adjusting the little rod, the door opened just fine. After opening and closing a few more times, i went inside, came back out and tried to open the door and it didnt open. I kept trying to open it, but instead of opening the handle just broke off!!! I have been trying to open the door for many days now, and i cant get it open. I peeled back the door panel as much as i could and tried to see if i could move the handle cable and lock cable and nothing happened. If you guys could give me some advice on how to get this sucker open, i would appreciate it.

For ease of door panel removal... You can remove the seat, actually. it is held by reverse torx headed bolts, but a 8mm socket will turn them.

You will need full acess inside the door to open it one way or another, although on a 90 CS, I simply popped off the seperate panel that goes beneath the seatbelts and was able to access the mechanism that way. You should be able to do that, givng you a small access hole.

• 1 month later...

You're talking about the 2-door model handles, right?...yeah, those handles like to snap. I just removed the handle and JB welded it. I guess I'll find out tomorrow if that fix worked.