• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stockgp

• ToroToro

• Dirty Rockstar

• Prospeeder

Top Posters In This Topic

oh and i think maybe i missed the lcd screen in the cluster because it didn't have one. since it had the cutty style driver info center right next to the cluster, why would it have anothe info center right in the cluster?

Well, thats really fricken wierd then. Because the 86-89s looked like this.

525772_6_full.jpg

The climate controls are above the radio. DIC buttons to the left with the DIC screen in the cluster. Remote cassette and EQ in center console.

598209_74_full.jpg

90-92s are the close to the same, just with two rows of buttons for the DIC instead of one. And a slave CD player where the cubby is on mine.

I wont insult your intelligence, but are you sure it was a toro? Pics maybe?

But yeah, I'll take the head and controller.

no i'm not sure at all. i'm assuming it was a toro being that it was so similar to the ones i've seen. it even has that same shift lever and the roll-over coin dispenser/cup holder thing. what other oldsmobubble cars came with that center console?

I think the T bar shifter was toro only. But when you say "touring" something, and cutty DIC, it makes me think that you might be looking at the 98 based Touring Sedan, because they had a DIC just like the Cutty and seats/console very similar to a Toro. Otherwise you might be looking at an older, 79-85 Toro. I dunno. :?

79-85 toro wouldn't have had a cd player, though. i don't really remember, but isn't that a little old to have one?

and the badges say touring something, that's all i really remember. the u shaped shifter and rotating cup holder/coin storage were def. there. the cd player was right in front of the shifter where the slave tape players were, you know the kind where the tape stood up vertical? the seats were exactly the same as the pic you posted, at least as far as i can tell from what you see in the pic.

i also remember the dash being a little different than what's in those two pics. it's kind of hard to explain, but the trim piece that goes around the cluster and dic wrapped around the side of the dic. then the dash was kind of like a shelf over the cluster and dic.

i didn't pay much attention to the exterior. all that really caught my eye was the badge on the c pillar.

oh and it was a 4 door. toros were only 2 door, right?

it looks that way in alldata. the ninety eight appears to not have a bcm like the toronado, so it should work in ws. maybe one of these days i'll try it in my car and see what it gives me