guess what i found at the junk yard...

stockgp

a MINT cd player like this one (from ToroToro's car, hope you don't mind):

th_cdplayertorotoro.jpg

also a DIS and Automatic climate control. found all of it in a toronado that had been rolled. there isn't a speck of dirt on any of this stuff. the cd player loads and ejects perfectly, plays cds fine.

also got a 94 regal keyless entry receiver and fob, 3100 air cleaner housing, a few clusters, and a blue aremrest for the 95-97 cutlass

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stockgp

• ToroToro

• Dirty Rockstar

• Prospeeder

Top Posters In This Topic

of course i bought it. i grought home all the stuff i listed :lol: . thing is, it's so pretty i'm not sure i could part with it. :lol: i can't use it in my 97 cutlass interior, but i'll have a hard time selling it when i finally do

yeah i know. i sold a vic, or "giant color screen" as you put it :lol: , some time last year. i got like 100 bucks out of it. usually this junk yard doesn't get anything good. today i just got lucky. normally the cars they get are completely optionless

GUess what I have in my Garage? :willynilly: That SAME CD player from my 94, lol

Sweet find man! Looks like a good deal! Especially if it works.. Keep it as clean as you can!!! Also, let it warm in the winter before attempting to use the CD mechanism.. I have found that to be best practice on old LOC1 and 2 decks.. Sweet find again man! 8)

BTW, Ross, I am heading to my UPullIt next week.. If I find a VIC, what all do you need from it? Theres a TOronado there right now.. Ill pull it, stash it, and PM you on my return..

And StockGP, how much for the cluster from the Toronado? I want one for my cutty 8)

i'm not going to keep it. i don't want to try to retro-fit it into my 97 dash. i think i'll just hang onto it for a while so i can stare at it :lol: . and considering i only paid 40 bucks for it, it's a steal

i didn't get the cluster from the toronado. if you want it, i'll see how much they want for it. but i think it's a little longer than cutty clusters, so i'm not sure it would fit.

Ill MAKE er fit, lol

Shoot me a price.. Ill let ya know if it is worth me buying it or not.. Also, I will need the harness connectors, and any "box" they go into.. But the unit itself and connectors should be enough to get me started

the late 80's toronados had some totaly awesome options in them.

theres a 80's somthing Riviera T Type with the Big green digital DIC, climate control thing, if I make it over there any time soon want me to pull it? I belive its touch screen too, but youll have to look it up, im not sure if its still there, but i can check on the 1st of february or so

Guest Anonymous

The Toronado clusters (analog) were cool becuase they had a dot-matrix display screen that scrolled messages across like some of the newer caddy ones. the analog one had that as well, i saw picture where it said "see display screen" illuminated on the cluster. They also had a built in car phone.

See what the yard asks for the VIC thing... i dont want to pay much for it becuase i have nowhere to go with it. I'd just look at it.. but if its cheap i'll take it.

The Toronado clusters (analog) were cool becuase they had a dot-matrix display screen that scrolled messages across like some of the newer caddy ones. the analog one had that as well, i saw picture where it said "see display screen" illuminated on the cluster. They also had a built in car phone.

you said analog cluster twice. i'm sure you meant digital and analog. anyhow i didn't notice any dot matrix screen on the toronado cluster, and it was analog. are you sure they both had it?

Pretty sure the Toronado cluster WONT work in any W. Remember that Toros had a BCM.

Me and Taylor were talking about using the small dot matrix screen in the gauge cluster ( displays DIC info ), along with the button set up in the Cutlass, but none of the signals would be right because of the BCM.

int002.jpg

A pic of my 92's. The earlier digi clusters had them too, but they didn't display the date, and doubled as a tach.

Is the ECC from a Cutty, or a Toro? I might want it if it's a Cutty one.

hmm. i definitely don't remember that screen. i might have just mnissed it, though.

the climate control is from the toro, but i know there is one in a cutty in the same yard. if you want i'll get it for you when i go back next weekend if it's still there

That pic is from my 92.

I do have a scan of my old 88's digi cluster pinouts. the 90-92 analog ones used the same wires, and plugs, but IIRC, everything was in a different location.

cdfb6ce4.jpg

Photobucket cut off the first 16 location listings, but that isn't really important anyways. Just goes C1-C16 going down.

And if you could grab the Cutty ECC and some of the wiring that would be great. I dont even want to know how much the yards around here would charge for something like that. I can get the rest of the parts needed for the swap around here though, unless you can get em cheap around there.

i can get them, but you don't want to know how much it ouwld cost. i got a price quote for one of the electric motors that opens the lower dors...60 bucks. :lol: the cheapest part would be the hvac head unit itself. would you need the controller too. i can get that for you, too.

and what's weird is, i looked on cardomain for a toro similar to the one i pirated yesterday, and not a single one was the same. this one had a garnet exterior with some kind of "special touring" badges, gray leather interior, the "wing" style leather steering wheel similar to what's found in early w cuttys, analog cluster with cutty style driver info center right next to it, hvac head unit below the driver info center, and cd player in the center console.

any idea what year that is?