• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• birdman

• Prospeeder

• digitaloutsider

• jeremy

my ass dyno showed that my LQ1s still had more bottom end then the 3100 in my cutty did :shrug:

My ass dyno is very unaccurate. I rated my Z34's horspower at 319.4 @ 6126 rpm and 323 ft lbs. torque @ 4670 rpm. :lol:

P.S, my only mod is me being the driver. 8)

The 3.4 has gotta outweight all the 2.8s-3400 motors, cam carriers, 4v cylinder heads, the bolder with holes they call a plenum and I think the exhaust manifolds weight more on a 3.4 then a 3.1 for whatever reason.

Too bad we dont have any dyno graphs of a stock 3.1 to compare to a stock 3.4. You would see that the 3.4 has more low end power than the 3.1 does.

I have a factory 3.1 crank dyno chart. It's in a 1990 Olds Cutlass series catalog. It shows the 3.1 producing 175 lb-ft of torque at only 2400 rpm. I doubt the 3.4 is producing that much at only 2400, but we won't know unless someone produces a 3.4 factory graph.

I have a factory 3.1 crank dyno chart. It's in a 1990 Olds Cutlass series catalog.

Post that Puppy up here...... :P

I will, but its pretty small, so hopefully it will still be readable. There's also a lot of other stuff on the same page, so I'll have to edit all that out before I enlarge the dyno chart.