Low End sucks.

birdman

it seems to me that that the low end in the loomie just plain sucks, it wont break the tires loose for the life if it, is that normal or does my car suck? when it goes above 3500 it does ok but under that its like tryimg to push a fat kid up the stairs. :roll: any ideas? thanks.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• birdman

• Prospeeder

• digitaloutsider

• jeremy

there kinda like that, they make all there power at 4k-5k+ no low end, most guys cant spin them from a stop, unless they have some shitty tires

here, for people complaing there 3.4 dohc is a tire roasting beast, SOME 3.4s cannot spin the tires

tune up (as in plugs/wires)? Sound system? Mileage? Change your air filter latley? Condition of motor mounts? Lots of stuff alone or in combination can cause power loss

no sound system, 140k, new cone filter, but i do have a wierd bog at wot problem that i cant track down for the life of me. ive replaced so much and still cant figure it out.

there kinda like that, they make all there power at 4k-5k+ no low end, most guys cant spin them from a stop, unless they have some shitty tires

again, RESEACH MAN, you sound like a tool AGAIN talking about a subject you know little about.

My LQ1 will roast the tires from a stand still thru 2ed gear on dry pavement with good tires (but my lq1 isnt stock). threefours old lumina, BONE STOCK with 90k would light them up from a standstill with the press of the gas. Tonys lumina doesnt seem to have any problems spinning them either.

Sounds like your car could use a good top end cleaning (pull the plenum off and scrub it), run 1/2 a can of seafoam or cleens thru it after, set of delco plugs, new o2 and a set of wires if needed. your bogging might be from an intake leak, so if you have the time, tackle that.

Good luck, a healthy running LQ1 shouldnt have a hard time spinning them up. If you still have problems after getting it running right, the 13 degree timing mod will help ya bottom end out.

again, RESEACH MAN, you sound like a tool AGAIN talking about a subject you know little about.

My LQ1 will roast the tires from a stand still thru 2ed gear on dry pavement with good tires (but my lq1 isnt stock). threefours old lumina, BONE STOCK with 90k would light them up from a standstill with the press of the gas. Tonys lumina doesnt seem to have any problems spinning them either.

Sounds like your car could use a good top end cleaning (pull the plenum off and scrub it), run 1/2 a can of seafoam or cleens thru it after, set of delco plugs, new o2 and a set of wires if needed. your bogging might be from an intake leak, so if you have the time, tackle that.

Good luck, a healthy running LQ1 shouldnt have a hard time spinning them up. If you still have problems after getting it running right, the 13 degree timing mod will help ya bottom end out.

I find that hard to belive A stock auto would roast the tires from a stop, Iv read alot of people can barley get a squeek out of them without some shitty tires, and you cant really compare modded cars to stock, and take in account people with New tires and what not, but im pretty sure its possibe they can spin them with ok tires and good tune up and lower miles, RegalGS can do it in his 3.1 id hope a 3.4 can, but they definatly wont be roasting them without a hefty nuetral drop, my 3.1T with 71k doesnt even "roast" them and it has helva lot more low end than a 3.4 i garentee that

(btw the dohc stuff is what i READ not personal experience, iv read in quite a few threads in the 2 years iv been through about dohc stuff, i have read about people compaining about the same thing, not being able to squeek the tires, fastbird232 said he couldnt do it in a thread)

Id agree a top end cleaning would prolly help quite a bit, alot of people comment on there power being restored by doing so

my bone stock 3.4 auto had no trouble roasting good tires from a stop on dry pavement, and had more bottom end than my 3.1 and a hell of alot more top end. the only way i got more bottom end was swapping to the 3400.

never got to run it against a 3.1 w-body to see how much more bottom end there was but i had a car length on my buddy's 91 3.1 camaro by 25 and then pulled away no problem.

well i know its not an intake leak causing the bog because i sprayed brakeclean at it and the idle didnt change, iv go 2mo old delcos in it, new tps, iac and wires. the only other thing i could think of was mabey its out of time a little? im not sure if that would cause that though.

both of the LQ1s that I had never had a problem lighting up the tires on dry pavement from a complete stop :shrug:

Prospeeder: Shaun does have a point. If you speaking about something in which you have no knowledge or experience with the only thing that you are going to do is cause further confusion.

how old are your plugs/wires?

That'd be my guess at the source of the problem! I'd replace your plugs, wires, and possibly coil packs (depending on condition) if you have a bogging at WOT. I do agree with Jeff. You should definately use some seafoam or something similar after you change your plugs/wires.

the plugs and wires are about 2-3 months old, the wires are cheapo's if that makes a difference? the plugs are delcos. whats that gm top engine clean stuff called?

the plugs and wires are about 2-3 months old, the wires are cheapo's if that makes a difference? the plugs are delcos. whats that gm top engine clean stuff called?

GM top engine cleaner