Crosslace and Chrome/Polished Rim useser, Tire SHINE!

Prospeeder

How the hell do you use tire shine on your Tires with like, crosslaces with the polished lip, people with chorme/polished rims without gettin the shit all over them and makin them haze and ;look like shit??? And what kind of shine do you use?

And Cbad and others with black xlaces, how the HELL do you polish the lip without gettin the polish all over the tire/black part of the rim??

Don't slop it on and you shouldn't have a problem... :shock: Not that difficult a concept.

And I use Black Magic.. it's a sexy name :kiss:

Also.. always use a gel. Never get that foamy shit or liquidy stuff.

I use the Meg's tire gel shit with the applicator pad

Werd...best stuff evAr!!! thats the only kind i use

dont use the spray on...no matter how "accurate" they tell you it is...you'll always spray shit onto your paint/wheels

as for polishing the lip, put some on a towel or applicator pad and use, you SHOULDNT get any on the rim that way

Yeah at work we use Carbrite Vibrant tire shine, it's a spray stuff (I've gotten pretty good at spraying it on wheels without getting it on the metal :lol:) but yeah we have applicator pad which I use for nice vehicles. ;) I'd just use a towel as suggested...

I use the Meguires gel with the applicator that came with the kit, but unlike everyone else, I hate it. I switched to a cheap sponge and it works better, but I still hate it. I can't ever get it to completely fill any part of the tire with that fine ribbed pattern... not sure if anyone knows what I'm talking about, but my truck's tire sidewalls have a band of fine ribs and it always looks like crap. It also takes several minutes to apply. I greatly prefer the cheap Black Magic or whatever it was spray-on shine that Wal-mart sells. A couple quick sprays, and it's done. All 4 tires done in less than 10 seconds, and much better and complete coverage.

As for keeping it off the wheels, I took a piece of cardboard and cut it out to the size of the wheel. I just place it over the wheel when I spray with the tire shine. Works perfectly. I can't wait to use up my Meguires gel and go back to the spray w/cardboard shield!

I use some cardboard and just spary away. I then follow up with a towel on each rim right after I spray. After doing all four wheels, I'll do the entire car with Meg's spray and wipe. THen before the car gets driven I wipe the tires off real good as to not spray it all over the car. WOrks good and have yet to see it on the paint.

Of course, I only use tire foam 2 times a month, maybe, just b/c it takes me that long. I was never a fan of the applicator pads. Too much time and don't looks nice enough IMO. I'm odd though.

I switched to a cheap sponge and it works better, but I still hate it. I can't ever get it to completely fill any part of the tire with that fine ribbed pattern... not sure if anyone knows what I'm talking about, but my truck's tire sidewalls have a band of fine ribs and it always looks like crap. !

I know exactly what you're talking about, I've had a couple of sets of tires like that in the past(last set was some Goodyear all seasons I had on my '93 GP) and hated applying tire shine to them.

I switched to a cheap sponge and it works better, but I still hate it. I can't ever get it to completely fill any part of the tire with that fine ribbed pattern... not sure if anyone knows what I'm talking about, but my truck's tire sidewalls have a band of fine ribs and it always looks like crap. !

I know exactly what you're talking about, I've had a couple of sets of tires like that in the past(last set was some Goodyear all seasons I had on my '93 GP) and hated applying tire shine to them.

:werd: All Goodyear's that I've encountered are like that. I just use MORE tire shine... lol

i know what you're talking about too.....i just dont buy tires with all that stupid ribbing crap on the sides....