Lumina Rear STB mounts drawn up, do you think this will work

AWeb80

question about these, it seems they have to make a few bends to clear the trunk supports, now what thickness will these be made from that will allow them to be rigid enough to stand up to any stress that will be put on them?

It is 1/4" steel that has been lasercut......if you know anything about what metal does when you heat it to high heats, it gets hard. So the mounts actually have a "hardened" shell on them which makes them more rigid.

Even if these may not be "as" stiff as the other mounts i make, it is still way better than no STB. I still think they will be more than capaple to handle the stresses.....

Really the only thing I see being a problem is the "tabs" where it would actually mount breaking off. But still like you stated it would take a great force with 1/4" steel to break it. But thats prolly one of the weakest spots on the mount. Like for example Id be afraid of a shearing stress on that one spot.

Really the only thing I see being a problem is the "tabs" where it would actually mount breaking off. But still like you stated it would take a great force with 1/4" steel to break it. But thats prolly one of the weakest spots on the mount. Like for example Id be afraid of a shearing stress on that one spot.

Trust me, this will not break....our strut towers dont creat that much force....there is no way it will break.