3100 cam options?

eclipse5302

I think the only choice for the 3X00's is a regrind right now, but I may be wrong. You might want to check out the forums over at http://www.gmforums.com as there are very helpful people there and there is also a 60* V6 specific section with TONS of great information. Hope this helps!

Comp Cams and Crane Cams make a cam I think. Try searching for Gen I 3.1Ls, like they had in S-10s

Robby

:?: I thought he was asking about 3100 cams, unless I'm just not getting something here?

I thought 3100 and 3.1Ls had the same cam, I guess Im wrong

Robby

No problem :D I'm no expert on ANTHING sadly, but if I recall correctly, us 2.8/3.1 peeps have hydraulic camshafts whilst the 3100's have roller camshafts.

I thought 3100 and 3.1Ls had the same cam, I guess Im wrong

Robby

No problem :D I'm no expert on ANTHING sadly, but if I recall correctly, us 2.8/3.1 peeps have hydraulic camshafts whilst the 3100's have roller camshafts.

Yep thats right, I remember now, sorry for the confusion.

Robby

Just some minor nitpicking... they both have hydraulic lifters, what the 2.8/3.1 has is called a flat tappet (flat end of lifters touching cam).

oh nitpick will ya...

Yup, both hydraulic and 3100 is roller lifter.

Yep, i have checked into it too, but only one I could find was at Mantaparts

:puke:

That and I don't think that at least in my application, an ODBII computer would really allow it to work any better, or at all for that matter.

Well then again it may work jsut fine for ya, just... it's from Manta.... heh... they probably wouldn't help you anyway. They are in love with the 2.3 and 2.4 engines these days. I wonder where they get them though....

Just some minor nitpicking... they both have hydraulic lifters, what the 2.8/3.1 has is called a flat tappet (flat end of lifters touching cam).

I knew the 2.8/3.1 had the flat tappet design, but did not really know the difference when I seen "roller" everywhere...thanks for the info Shawn.